World Cup 2018 | 30th June | R16: France vs Argentina, KO 15:00 (BST)

MCFC1993

I know it's a rest day tomorrow but I'll put this and the Uruguay-Portugal thread up now as games to look forward to.

SATURDAY 30TH JUNE

FRANCE VS ARGENTINA

Match kicks off at 15:00 (BST) on BBC 1.
Coverage starts at 14:30 (BST). Presented by Gary Lineker, analysis from Alan Shearer, Didier Drogba and Cesc Fabregas, commentary from Steve Bower and Phil Neville.

A game between 2 of the most underwhelming teams in the competition. France given the squad they have, haven’t turned in a performance that has really blown anyone away. France look a fairly solid unit, not conceding many goals, so they will have that going for them. They need their star players to show up for this one, so far most of them have been fairly anonymous.

Argentina are the same but on a slightly lesser level, they have the attacking talent but they just lack talent behind those front players. I just can’t see how Argentina go through in this one, they need some magic from Messi, I think it’s as simple as that. I think they need to start Aguero as well, along with Banega and I like the look of Pavon. The need as many ball players in that midfield to supply the attacking unit.

I would be leaning towards France but they've both been so poor that either could nick it.

France’s goal scorers so far:
Griezmann (1), Mbappe (1), Own Goal (1).

Argentina’s goal scorers so far:
Aguero (1), Messi (1), Rojo (1).

Last edited:
Well as I lumped on France pre tournament I hope that they come good.
Such a strong squad, goalie apart not many weaknesses.
Allez Allez

Argentina need the whole team to have a massive game and hope France have an off day

Sergio not starting again tomorrow which means it'll probably be Higuain starting up top.

Hope the argies get knocked out,come home sergio
You’ll probably get your wish Karen,as anyone in their right mind would have aguero in the starting line up,they will fall behind and leave it to late for aguero to have an effect on the game 1-0 or 2-0 to France ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.