World Cup every TWO years

Nope. There‘s already too much international football, with an extra WC plus Euros, AFCON, Copa America, etc players would be burnt out. Not only that, the saturation on TV would make it even more boring.

UEFA and Olympics arguing against it - but just like the 48 nation tournament that will come into being in 2026, the African, Asian and North American Confederations will outvote Europe and South America because it benefits them, giving more opportunities to earn money.

There is also a suggestion that Wenger is arguing for all Qualifiers to take place in two blocks - I can see some good in that - the trouble is that he is suggesting October and March, with a month away from domestic football. I would hope that clubs would argue for a club season from mid-August to end of April and then an International season in May/June leaving July football free

I love football, City first but i also love following England in tournaments. Wouldnt bother me if it was every two years alternating with the Euros. Personally much of the the Olympics bore me so another world cup is much better. The players would cope im sure, many other sports have annual international tournaments, they could then ditch the rubbish federations cup thing, and the friendlies. Bring it on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.