World Cup Semi FinalS

I can't see anything other than a Germany win. They have so many different options and Brazil are without their best attacking threat and best defender... Germany have been stereotypically efficient. France looked good but Germany beat them. Without being breathtaking they have won their games and they've been the best side in the tournament.

Brazil v Argentina or Germany v the Netherlands would be the two best options for a final. Germany v Argentina is what I think it will be though. The Dutch have had to play tough games. Even Australia gave them a game and Spain were more than in it for a good 50mins. They didn't really impress against Mexico or Costa Rica and I think the Argies will have enough to win through.

Either way I am enjoying the World Cup now I am over England's dismal performance. Ironically Woy's typically pragmatic approach would have probably taken us to the latter stages based on how a lot of teams set up.

Brazil have only been behind once in the tournament (opener against Croatia), and when they were they looked more than a little nervy. Should Germany get ahead, which I fell they will, I suspect the weight of expectation might prove too much for the home team and stifle them.

I think people are overestimating Germany. There are pace issues at the back.

I have £10 on Brazil to win with Hulk scoring, the ghost of Ray Winstone came to me in my sleep and told me it would happen, so it's pretty much a sure thing.

Many are underestimating the power of pride, passion, determination and a stadium pretty much full with your own fans.

I still think Germany will win but I think it will be far from a walkover.

I still don't know what to make of this German side if I am honest, they are great in possession but lack pace in key areas such as the defence and on the wings, and I know Muller has played well for them but I still think a lack of a proper striker could be their downfall.

Pam said:
I think people are overestimating Germany. There are pace issues at the back.

Definitely. Unfortunately, Fred will almost certainly be playing, so it's largely irrelevant.

Personally, I'd play Hulk up top with Oscar and Willian either side of him, and both Ramires and Fernandinho with Gustavo in midfield. Germany are vulnerable when they lose the ball with the defence high-up the pitch; both Fern and Ramires will win a lot of balls back in those areas and could hurt them.

eversince 76 said:
Can't make my mind up, other than I hope Fernandinho plays a blinder.
The Brasilians' forewardline is poor (amazing for such a country). Thaigo Silva will be a big miss, but Dante should cope next to the carthorse on drugs.
Germany has the best team, but so far their performances have been underpar and far less attractive than what you can and should achieve with the players availlable.
If Holland can get in the final, I'd rather we play Germany. IF ... (fat chance).

I'd love Fernandinho to get the winner with a 30 yard screamer.

BigOscar said:
I have £10 on Brazil to win with Hulk scoring, the ghost of Ray Winstone came to me in my sleep and told me it would happen, so it's pretty much a sure thing.

Yes, this is definately a sign. Ladbrokes here I come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.