World Cup Thread - Wednesday 18th June

kippaxwarrior said:
In Spain at the moment and the press over here are saying Iker, Silva and Costa will be dropped and they will go back to the 4-6-0 formation

There was an inevitability that Silva would get blamed for the loss. This is par for the course from Del Bosque.

jollylescott said:
kippaxwarrior said:
In Spain at the moment and the press over here are saying Iker, Silva and Costa will be dropped and they will go back to the 4-6-0 formation

There was an inevitability that Silva would get blamed for the loss. This is par for the course from Del Bosque.

Silva has always been given a hard time by Del Bosque because he has the nerve to play his football outside of Spain. I think it's a near certainty that Silva will be benched tonight.

kippaxwarrior said:

The irony of that decision being that in the past Silva was a key player in the 4-6-0 formation. I've no idea how both Pique and Ramos can keep their places after that defensive horror show. Presumably their potential replacements are very average.

lancs blue said:
kippaxwarrior said:

The irony of that decision being that in the past Silva was a key player in the 4-6-0 formation. I've no idea how both Pique and Ramos can keep their places after that defensive horror show. Presumably their potential replacements are very average.

I didn't catch the game the other night but i couldn't believe that Xavi, Busquets and Xabi Alonso all played. Not one of them will pick the ball up in midfield and move forward with it, and their is no pace at all in there. Add into that the fact that Silva and Iniesta are 'ball players' and Costa isn't the type to run in behind, I just think they have got the team totally wrong.

And then to take Mata, Cazorla and Fabregas who are all in the Silva/Iniesta mould, but then leave out Navas and Isco who will both run at defenders, the balance of the squad seems all over the place.

And to finish with leaving Negredo out but taking Torres, that's the final nail for me. Negredo hasn't had a great second half of the season but he will put himself about and can finish, as opposed to Torres that just looks lost everytime he steps on the pitch.

Aus 0 - 4 Netherlands ( Van Persie x2, Robben, Huntelaar)

Spain 2 - 1 Chile (Costa, Pedro) (Sanchez)

Cameroon 0 - 2 Croatia (Mandzukic x2)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.