Worst away day ever

CityEssex49er said:
Luddite_Blue said:
Swindon away under Coppell. Lost 2-0. Rained throughout and it was a seated open end. Got soaked and an abysmal performance. Truly dire.

Has to be this.

Got in early from London and set off for the ground so that we could find pub near to the ground so that we could leave the pub near kick - off - mistake; should have stayed in the town and left the pub early.

Couldn't find anywhere by the ground and ended up in a massive housing estate. As luck would have it, we did eventully find a pub mostly filled with our 3 fingered friends. Hardly any City in it and the locals took delight in letting us know that they knew we were City. To be fair, no trouble but they were pretty unwelcoming.

To the groung - if that's what you can call it. As Luddite says, open away end and it was pouring down and got soaked. Worst perfomance and after their second went in, I left with about 10 minutes to go; that's the only time I've left a game early.

Only good thing was that City had a good following that day and kept singing.

It's for days like this that we deserve the fortune that is The Sheik...............

TRULY appalling day all round....................
I had a great time that Swindon game because my mate managed to get four directors box seats and free run behind the scenes, free booze and food. We were drinking with the players after. We still tell stories from that day. My mate was so pissed he got his meal from the hotel buffet and dropped it with a smash on the floor. Some tutting woman was bent over clearing it up and he did a 'feeling' gesture behind her arse to make everyone laugh. But he mistimed it, she felt it and stood up and belted him one and bollocked him in front of the whole restaurant.

BlueAnorak said:
Middlesbrough 8 City 1
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7381794.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 381794.stm</a>

A disgraceful performance by the whole team. They didn't try one jot. If they want to make a point, how about paying my ticket and travel costs.

I was there too but actually somehow enjoyed that day, It was true city fans - cheering the away goals and making a big joke of it followed by a good craic in the town centre bars afterwards! I also enjoyed the trip there, cant remember where we changed but the train to boro was like a football special, except for 1 poor woman and a chinese bloke who had 'aye aye ippy sun jihai' sung at him most of the way!!

Shit yellow kit at that Arse game and the locals adapting our 1 2, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 4 5 1 from the Maine Rd mauling of the rags to the score from the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.