Worst away support

You can't win.

Wigan bring 8 fans but all are born in Wigan = shit support.

Liverpool will bring loads but most will be Irish or Norweigan = Shit support.

City take a lot away but some of the fans might not go to all away games = Shit support.

I think we should just draw a line and agree that all football clubs have shit support or something.

They show that a small club, with no history and small fan base can make it. I know many people want Forest, Leeds, Wednesday etc instead of them in PL. They have been fantastic to be in PL and survive this far.

Of recent seasons I would nominate Middlesbrough and Birmingham. Both can produce big numbers for special occasions but appear to have a fair-weather hard-core. Fulham and Wigan have come from Div 4 in my life-time and don't appear (for different reasons) to have a big and loyal away support, on the other hand I don't think either would claim to have a passionate fan-base whereas Brum and Boro would. For what its worth I would nominate Sheff Wed for best away support.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
to be fair I thought that was a decent turnout considering Wigan's previous.

This. I didnt expect them to sell out one whole block, but they did. The worst in the Prem at the moment is Fulham, but the worst I've ever seen was Charlton.

I have more respect for the Wigan and Fulham fans that come to support than one of the bigger clubs with allocations.

A team like Wigan should not be criticised, the support they get and the level they play at when you think of where they come from is remarkable.

WNRH said:
I have more respect for the Wigan fans that come to support than one of the bigger clubs with allocations.

remarkable.

Respect for fans that sing united songs ........ Your having a laugh.

after the game...... All the way down Ashton old road a large Gang of pie eaters singing Wigan songs ... Fair play..... But then they started singing united songs ..... Small time inbreds if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.