worst Beatles songs?

Vienna70 said:
frankstonblue said:
All of them !!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, the most overrated group ever in my opinion

you surely can say you dont like them but to say they were overrated in wholly inaccurate

over 22,000 cover versions of their songs

over 4000 books written about them

over 1 billion records sold

they were/are about as overrated as Beethoven :))

Many posters on here are using the comfort of hindsight to rate the quality of songs written by the beatles. This is unfair, to say the least. So many songs(even the debatable crap ones) have broken new ground when they were originally written and recorded that I believe the beatles are Near enough untouchable.

In fact it is the so called crap ones that have been copied to death and are now so recognizable that they are shown contempt from some people.

Nobody else was doing so many different writing styles the Lennon and McCartney, they were pioneers in an industry that had not found it's own way, THEY built the road for others to travel down.

Revolution 9 is a classic example of what L & M were trying to do, which is bring a wider audience to niche music genres and hopefully inspire the listener. This song has been copied hundreds of times through the years, so what they did has been justified in the end.

nimrod said:
Vienna70 said:
Well said, the most overrated group ever in my opinion

you surely can say you dont like them but to say they were overrated in wholly inaccurate

If I think the Beatles are crap, I'm not likely to say that they deserve all the adulation that they receive, am I?

I gave my opinion, which I dont really expect many others to agree with!

P.S. Beethoven was garbage too!!

Only joking about Beethoven!

Vienna70 said:
nimrod said:

If I think the Beatles are crap, I'm not likely to say that they deserve all the adulation that they receive, am I?

I gave my opinion, which I dont really expect many others to agree with!

P.S. Beethoven was garbage too!!

Only joking about Beethoven!

its impossible to be 'overrated' when you have had such a big influence on an industry, who else had 22000 cover versions of their songs ? I dont give a flying fuck who you hate, but history and FACTS prove your talking bollocks

anyway, heres a few people talking about a band they liked and you have to wade in and say they were crap and overrated..

Come back when youve grown a few brain cells mate..

Some of McCartneys dippy stuff like Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, PS I love you, Michelle really grates on me. Hard to believe the same guy who wrote pap like that can come up with classics like Let it Be, Helter Skelter, im looking through you...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.