Worst City player you've seen live/worst City squad

This is a really tough one. I have seen a fair few stiffs in my many years watching City but who was the worst ? Some of the more recent ones would include Jo, Corradi, Santa Cruz, Benjani and Bony (look at the money we pissed away on shit strikers !!) but going back a few years does anyone remember Derek Jeffries ? I remember him being particularly bad. Malcolm Allison considered him “one of the best prospects since Bobby Moore” but Malcolm was prone to exaggeration.

Hamann was great for us. Used to know when to fall over. Never seen someone win so many fouls out of nothing. Great game management
Just as bad as Kolarov and Barry, think Barry was the worst though.

So many. Ricky Holden has to be up there but really the list could be endless. Mcpointy, fowler more recently

Jamie pollock

Thought I was going to be the first to mention Holden. Cannot believe we swapped Redmond and Dissa for him.

Pollock also a good shout - distilled the essence of City at the time with his comedy own goal.

Not having Nigel Gleghorn as one of the worst - he was slow but scored some cracking goals during our promotion season (almost all away from Maine Road IIRC)

This is a really tough one. I have seen a fair few stiffs in my many years watching City but who was the worst ? Some of the more recent ones would include Jo, Corradi, Santa Cruz, Benjani and Bony (look at the money we pissed away on shit strikers !!) but going back a few years does anyone remember Derek Jeffries ? I remember him being particularly bad. Malcolm Allison considered him “one of the best prospects since Bobby Moore” but Malcolm was prone to exaggeration.
Jeffries
Started well, never fulfilled potential. Played over 50 games. There have been far worse players, though of course you personally may never have seen them.
Barney Daniels for example. People tending to give examples of players they did not like rather than the true " worse" players.

Laurent Charvae (not sure on the spelling) may have been a decent footballer back in France but was utter garbage for us. Obviously didn’t want to be here, I can accept a player lacking in ability but this guy didn’t give a f@ck he would just walk around or jog at half pace, never even tried to put any effort in, just stole a wage.

Thought I was going to be the first to mention Holden. Cannot believe we swapped Redmond and Dissa for him.

Pollock also a good shout - distilled the essence of City at the time with his comedy own goal.

Not having Nigel Gleghorn as one of the worst - he was slow but scored some cracking goals during our promotion season (almost all away from Maine Road IIRC)
And Cleghorn as it was pronounced by idiot pundits was also a resonable outfield keeper at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.