Worst City player you've seen live/worst City squad

Mentioned in a previous thread but there was a player, can’t remember his name, that Royle brought on as a sub. He was that useless he was subbed before the end and was never seen again. Anyone remember his name?

All the right players just playing in the wrong team !

tumblr_mteaf244Oi1s5zw3ao2_250.gif

Take your pick from Nigel clough, Fat bob Taylor, Gerry Creaney, Danny Allsopp, Ged Brannon, Barry Conlon, Scott Hiley, Chris Sukur or Terry Dunfield.

Yes to all the dross McNeill brought in the early 80s and yes to all the journeymen mentioned above during the next 25 years.

We have had quite a few players that have been like comic book superheroes in that they had fantastic qualities but glaring weaknesses. David White was fast but mainly in straight lines, Rick Holden was skilful and could cross a ball beautifully but was desperately slow, Andy Morrison was fearless but 5 stones overweight, Adrian Heath was industrious but made Sterling look ice cool in front of goal, Huckerby fast and skilful but stupid and Niall Quinn was very tall but...

However, my vote goes to Gelson Fernandes. He ran around the pitch like a Jack Russell with lots of energy. If only he could have added positional awareness, tackling and passing to his skillset.
Calling out White, Quinn, Morrison and Huckerby? They were like bright spots in underwhelming times.

Yes to all the dross McNeill brought in the early 80s and yes to all the journeymen mentioned above during the next 25 years.

We have had quite a few players that have been like comic book superheroes in that they had fantastic qualities but glaring weaknesses. David White was fast but mainly in straight lines, Rick Holden was skilful and could cross a ball beautifully but was desperately slow, Andy Morrison was fearless but 5 stones overweight, Adrian Heath was industrious but made Sterling look ice cool in front of goal, Huckerby fast and skilful but stupid and Niall Quinn was very tall but...

However, my vote goes to Gelson Fernandes. He ran around the pitch like a Jack Russell with lots of energy. If only he could have added positional awareness, tackling and passing to his skillset.
Half of your post is complete bollocks.

My brother used to say there were three words that summed up how crap we were; Jason, Van and Blerk.

The fact Alan Ball swapped him for Paul Walsh really sums up what chaos our club was in , but possibly my worst player is Barney Daniels , he was an ex-Rag youth player in the 1970's and made a couple of pre season appearances , i think he ended up at somewhere like Rossendale United.
Ended up living in Unsworth and was a postman

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.