Worst miss ever?

Does anybody remember a particularly egregious miss from one of the Whitley brothers (probably Jeff) where he spooned it over the bar into the North Stand from about 3 yards out?

I was only about 8 at the time so my memory is hazy, but seem to remember thinking it was one of the worst misses I'd ever seen. Think it was vs. Port Vale in 98 or 99.

Peter Van Vossens at 0-0 during an Old Firm game was so bad that whenever someone missed an open goal in Scottish football it was known as a ‘Van Vossen’

Aguero early in a game v Chelsea. He went on to score a hat-trick in a 6-0 win, but the early miss was a shocker.

And KDB from almost under the bar v Chelsea when we were one up in a game we lost 3-1. Best remembered for one of Alty Taylor's more erm, interesting performances.

And Berbaflop in the semi at Wembley.

Gave me fucking cold sweats and flashbacks that one.

university-nightmares.gif

Aguero early in a game v Chelsea. He went on to score a hat-trick in a 6-0 win, but the early miss was a shocker.

And KDB from almost under the bar v Chelsea when we were one up in a game we lost 3-1. Best remembered for one of Alty Taylor's more erm, interesting performances.

And Berbaflop in the semi at Wembley.
Unbelievably, Sergio missed quite a few sitters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.