Worst Suited Acting Roles

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Ray Winstone his Mancunian accent in the film Jimmy Grimble makes me cringe, has go down as the worse Manc accent ever. Was there noboby from round our way available ?

Anyone seen Green St? It's pretty rubbish, but it was so rubbish I kind of liked it. The ''top boy of the firm'' was played by an Australian guy trying to be a cockney...his accent was terrible. Does make you wonder how people get parts they're clearly not suited to when there would have been an English guy who could have done it so much better.

Surely Jonathan Rhys Meyers in The Tudors is the most miscast person on tv! Or was Henry VIII really a small, skinny, dark haired youth who had a hint of an Irish accent? To top it of he isn't even a very good actor. Shouting a lot and trying to mimic Marlon Brando's voice from the Godfather to portray old age isn't exactly oscar worthy.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
Ray Winstone his Mancunian accent in the film Jimmy Grimble makes me cringe, has go down as the worse Manc accent ever. Was there noboby from round our way available ?

Anyone seen Green St? It's pretty rubbish, but it was so rubbish I kind of liked it. The ''top boy of the firm'' was played by an Australian guy trying to be a cockney...his accent was terrible. Does make you wonder how people get parts they're clearly not suited to when there would have been an English guy who could have done it so much better.

Shiiiiiiiiiit! forgot all about that gem . They could of at least written it into the script that he`d been living in Oz. or something .Cried with laughter all the way through that film .

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:

Shiiiiiiiiiit! forgot all about that gem . They could of at least written it into the script that he`d been living in Oz. or something .Cried with laughter all the way through that film .

He was actually born in Newcastle, England.

Ntini77 said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:

And his American accent in Sons of Anarchy is spot on, better than his Cockney. He's quality in SoA and was also in Queer as Folk (not that I've seen that), so is possibly one of the least typecast actors ever!

Ntini77 said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:

Fair play, I just looked him up on Wikipedia, and as well as that it says he relocated to California when he was younger... I don't know where the hell he got that accent for Green St, but it really was terrible!

Elijah Wood in Green Street. Surely they could have picked someone other than Frodo? Still would have been a wank film though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.