Worst World Cup Fouls

Pele for me when he played at Goodison Park. The opposition formed a queue to hack lumps out of him and the daft sod kept getting up

Italy vs Chile from 1962, the Italian guy punches the Chilean in the face in one incident, avoids a sending off, then as the Italian is going for a header the Chilean bloke flies in with his feet and practically kung-fu kicks the Italian in the neck, it's quite a magnificent piece of athleticism.

Schumacher by a mile. The founder of the "school of mad german goalkeepers". By the way, the most ugly world cup germany ever played. Ruined the image of the team for a decade

Didsbury Dave said:
Dyed Petya said:
If he'd awarded a foul, it would have had to be a penalty, wouldn't it?

I think it was outside the box

Looks just inside to me seeing the footage again - but whether it was or not, was unbelievable that the ref simply did nothing.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I watched some player from cameroon make it his mission to destroy claudia cannigia in 1990 opener. The was actually GBH with intent
This one was funny as fuck. As I remember it, Cannigia was running away down the right wing. First one Cameroon player comes flying in two-footed, but missed him completely. He ran on a few more yards and then a second Cameroonian nutjob came skidding in with studs raised and 'winged' him. But the Argie valiantly managed to stay on his feet and continue his progress towards goal. That is, until the third African came in and totally wiped him out, no messing

LongsightM13 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I watched some player from cameroon make it his mission to destroy claudia cannigia in 1990 opener. The was actually GBH with intent
This one was funny as fuck. As I remember it, Cannigia was running away down the right wing. First one Cameroon player comes flying in two-footed, but missed him completely. He ran on a few more yards and then a second Cameroonian nutjob came skidding in with studs raised and 'winged' him. But the Argie valiantly managed to stay on his feet and continue his progress towards goal. That is, until the third African came in and totally wiped him out, no messing

The funniest bit is his boot comes off its such a nasty challenge, he gets up and acts innocent then tries to kick another argie when getting his boot

Mr Blue Sky said:
The one and only foul of all fouls or assault Germany keeper Schumacher on France player Battison in the 1982 world cup fuckin disgraceful he wasnt even booked

He's French, he deserved it.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:23 pm --<br /><br />
kenzie115 said:
Italy vs Chile from 1962, the Italian guy punches the Chilean in the face in one incident, avoids a sending off, then as the Italian is going for a header the Chilean bloke flies in with his feet and practically kung-fu kicks the Italian in the neck, it's quite a magnificent piece of athleticism.

The battle of Santiago, a classic game and so was David Colemans commentary.....remarkable!

Not one of the worst but one of the funniest (0:28) featuring Ramon 'El Loco' Quiroga, who often played in midfield for Peru... even though he was a keeper.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gamKZ1vlvKo[/youtube]

Just on the Schumacher foul , I remember watching the game with my dad and when the foul happened my dad jumped up and shouted "you Nazi bastard " , it's not the most intelligent comment he ever came out with but it makes me laugh for some reason whenever I think back about it.
Also,having watched various world cup related programmes over the past few days,I cant help feeling that Shilton , who I personally feel was at fault for the Argentina goals in 1986 and the German one in 1990,missed a trick because he had the perfect opportunity to do a "schumacher" in the "Hand of God " incident in 1986 and he could have took England through to the next round in one fell swoop (although I'd never condone that kind of behaviour !! ).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.