Would City beat Spain?

Cobwebcat said:
Brazil played Barca about ten years ago when Brazil were the best National side in the world and Barca were only a top ten club. Brazil insisted on having all the Brazilian Barca players. The game finished 2-2 but Barca had a perfectly good goal struck off. Brazil struggled to get the ball off Barca.

People underestimate how important playing together regularly is. Spain benefit from all the Barca players but a team like Chelsea Bayern Real Madrid or the rags would walk through all the others.

-- Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 pm --

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
They would beat Barca.So no!

Not for definite. Most of Spain's players are based at Barca and seen as they pay the wages they would line up for Barca rather than Spain. I reckon it'd be close.

What?!! Close?!! If Barca keep their players they demolish Spain. If you could clone the common players so they could play each other Barca still win.

It's Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets out Silva, Fabregas and Alonso in. Either could turn it in their teams favour. Messi would likely turn it in Barca's favour but it wouldn't be a walkover by any standard.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Would Spain beat Barcelona?
It depends on which team the Spanish Barca players lineup for. A more interesting question will be, who wins if the Barca players on the National team seat out the game: So, no Valdez, Pique, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Pedro, Busquet, or Fabregas

Barcaless Spain:
...........................Cassilas.......................
Ramos....Arbeloa......Albiol..........Alba
.................Alonzo.....Martinez...............
.............Mata......Silva....Carzola
.....................Llorientes.........................

Spainless Barca
.....................Pinto.....................
Alvez....Fuentas..Abidal.....Adriano
....................Masherano.................
..........Thiago..........Keita..........
Affellay.........Messi.........Sanchez

I think Spain wins the above match. But it will be interesting.

P.S: Thiago is fringe National team, so I let hin in one the Barca squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.