would the premiership take there ball home

ancoats

got this feeling when manchester city win the premiership sky and the PLA WILL TAKE THERE BALL HOME AND CHANGE THE RULES

they have to keep the old top 4 teams safe and give them a helping hand
coz if manchester win the league then it could be a 1 horse race for the next 10/20 years

we need to put the things in place like a bigger ground to to a level of the top 4 and champion league team 60.000plus gates will come every week if things fall into place with a winning team

we need a turn over like the arsenal have just put in place
i do feel this is the weak link in manchester city and the rest have over us at the moment thats what the PLA could use to but us back as a top 6 team

if they have a rule with the like's of uefa are bring in then we need a bigger ground to fill each week even help the turn over and the fans with a drop in the price of a ticket even bring back the walk up fans and have pay on the gate to fill the ground each week

we are 2 season away from setting up the biggest club in england
i have a feeling the so called top 4 clubs have been working behind our back keeping them in place with the premiership golden boys club

if you look at the big 3 teams arsenal chelsea utd they have not spent a penny
for a copule of seasons and are looking at the turn over and debt before the team on the park
i just get this feeling something is happing behind the sceens and they know something that manchester city dont know
maybe a player cap or a club spending level with the turn over of the club

plaese give manchester city the ground that can give us the turn over
we will need to build the club into a great club
if you build it they will come

ancoats said:
got this feeling when manchester city win the premiership sky and the PLA WILL TAKE THERE BALL HOME AND CHANGE THE RULES

they have to keep the old top 4 teams safe and give them a helping hand
coz if manchester win the league then it could be a 1 horse race for the next 10/20 years

we need to put the things in place like a bigger ground to to a level of the top 4 and champion league team 60.000plus gates will come every week if things fall into place with a winning team

we need a turn over like the arsenal have just put in place
i do feel this is the weak link in manchester city and the rest have over us at the moment thats what the PLA could use to but us back as a top 6 team

if they have a rule with the like's of uefa are bring in then we need a bigger ground to fill each week even help the turn over and the fans with a drop in the price of a ticket even bring back the walk up fans and have pay on the gate to fill the ground each week

we are 2 season away from setting up the biggest club in england
i have a feeling the so called top 4 clubs have been working behind our back keeping them in place with the premiership golden boys club

if you look at the big 3 teams arsenal chelsea utd they have not spent a penny
for a copule of seasons and are looking at the turn over and debt before the team on the park
i just get this feeling something is happing behind the sceens and they know something that manchester city dont know
maybe a player cap or a club spending level with the turn over of the club

plaese give manchester city the ground that can give us the turn over
we will need to build the club into a great club
if you build it they will come

In my experience they will moan like fuck about the ticket prices, shit food, and long queues first !

itsnevereasy said:
Do most prem' clubs not run at a loss these days?

they do but if you have to put your club in order with your turn over
then we could be only a top 6 club

you cannot keep going on the way it is the banks would not dig deep in there pockets anymore and give the clubs loans like they have had in the past

i feel this is what arsenal/utd are doing at the moment
they are keeping the spending down to well below the turn over
chelsea manchester city are the only 2 clubs with spending power over the clubs turn over but will have to sort that out to stay in uefa rules in the next couple of years

You guy with your conspiracy that everyone is against you, its getting over the top now. Lets be honest, most people want you to fail because of your money, thats human nature as the same happend with Chelsea. Infact you are getting far less stick than Chelsea did, its just that you didnt pay any attention to it.

uefa has been pushing for clubs to be more financial stable and not depend on one sugar daddy for years, long before City got their owners. You are lucky that you have good owners so far, but look at Liverpool or Pompey, you have a rich dude come in a club with over 100 year history and bankrupt it for good. All they are pushing for is clubs to become self run, which is a good thing. Assuming the sheikh decides he has had enough of City, you will be in Liverpools position begging for another rich guy to come in, so just because things are good now doesnt mean they wont be bad tomorow

It's an interesting point. On paper at least, with the resources we have at our disposal, we are set to dominate English football for a long time to come.

It's still good for the English games as an English team is set to sweep all before them. But it is bad for brand Premier League which relies heavily on brand rag and brand scouse as the two big names world wide along with suplimentaries like brand Chelsea and brand Arsenal.

Whether that will prompt a rule change, who knows? It wouldn't surprise me if UEFA's rules were adopted and adapted. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if no action was taken.

We can look to history for precedent though. Nothing changed when Abramovic swept into Chelsea, excpet for Chelsea as a club, despite protestations from the rest of us.

strongbowholic said:
It's an interesting point. On paper at least, with the resources we have at our disposal, we are set to dominate English football for a long time to come.

It's still good for the English games as an English team is set to sweep all before them. But it is bad for brand Premier League which relies heavily on brand rag and brand scouse as the two big names world wide along with suplimentaries like brand Chelsea and brand Arsenal.

Whether that will prompt a rule change, who knows? It wouldn't surprise me if UEFA's rules were adopted and adapted. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if no action was taken.

We can look to history for precedent though. Nothing changed when Abramovic swept into Chelsea, excpet for Chelsea as a club, despite protestations from the rest of us.
Nothing has changed for Chelsea as Roman turned out to be a responsible owner. But the problem is if Roman doesnt want to be there, the club cant run itself on its own income. uefa dont want clubs to be dependent on one rich sugar daddy. The problem you gonna have with sugar daddies is that if 20 sugar daddies come in, 3 will still get relegated, only one can win the league. So alot of them will not get anywhere near where they wanted when they invested all their money and will end up leaving.

gooney said:
strongbowholic said:

Nothing has changed for Chelsea as Roman turned out to be a responsible owner. But the problem is if Roman doesnt want to be there, the club cant run itself on its own income. uefa dont want clubs to be dependent on one rich sugar daddy. The problem you gonna have with sugar daddies is that if 20 sugar daddies come in, 3 will still get relegated, only one can win the league. So alot of them will not get anywhere near where they wanted when they invested all their money and will end up leaving.
When I say change for Chelsea, I mean he came in, bought good players, brought in good managers and off they went onto bigger successes.

I can fully understand why the League is retiscent about owners like that and you're right, 3 will still go down. Where I think we are different is simply the scale of investment in not just the club but in Manchester itself which certainly suggests teh Sheikh is in it for the long haul.

Part of UEFA's regs say you can include non football related revenue in the books, so long as it is owned by the club - eg say a Planet MCFC Restaurant chain, owned by the club could include revenues from it as part of the club's income.

Sheikh Mansoour plans to invest £1 billion as part of a regeneration scheme in the area around the ground. I'd be surprised if this is not tied in with the club somewhere to satisfy UEFA. This would mean (assuming said investment is successful) should he decide to sell up and walk away, there's every possibility it could leave us self sufficient.

But, that's all hypotheticals and it all remains to be seen.

gooney said:
You guy with your conspiracy that everyone is against you, its getting over the top now. Lets be honest, most people want you to fail because of your money, thats human nature as the same happend with Chelsea. Infact you are getting far less stick than Chelsea did, its just that you didnt pay any attention to it.

uefa has been pushing for clubs to be more financial stable and not depend on one sugar daddy for years, long before City got their owners. You are lucky that you have good owners so far, but look at Liverpool or Pompey, you have a rich dude come in a club with over 100 year history and bankrupt it for good. All they are pushing for is clubs to become self run, which is a good thing. Assuming the sheikh decides he has had enough of City, you will be in Liverpools position begging for another rich guy to come in, so just because things are good now doesnt mean they wont be bad tomorow

Why would we be in the same position as Liverpool or Pompey - We do not have loans levered against the club - The Sheikh has invested his own personel money into the club as gifts not loans - So do not understand why you think we're in the same situation as Man ure, Liverpool etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.