Would these 4 results be good enough?

Benarbia said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
As much chance if not better than Spurs have got at Old Trafford

Spurs are on a roll and utd look very ordinary and I think they'll turn them over

Spurs have had two excellent results at home in the last week but look at their last two performances away from White Hart Lane where they were battered at Sunderland and beaten by an extremely poor Portsmouth team. Us on the otherhand are unbeaten since February on the road and come up against an Arsenal side who have a poor keeper and two old centre halfs. It won't be easy but it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll get beat by any means

Whatever happens, we have to go into the Spurs game no further behind than we are now, i.e. 2 points. If we can narrow the gap, or even be ahead then great, but we must not be 3 or more points adrift.

I think Spuds WILL lose at the swamp - not because the Rags are any better than Arsenal or Chelsea, but because the pressure is growing and Spurs can't keep it up forever. They have lost their last 8 league games at the swamp and I think it will be 9.

But they will surely do Bolton at home, so we can expect them to take 3 points from 6.

So we MUST get 3 points from Arsenal or Villa. I don't mind which, but 2 draws won't do it. We need at least 1 win.

We then "only" need to beat Spurs at home to take the lead going into the last game and provided we match Spurs' performance on the last day, 4th is ours.

So I see it going:

Spurs LWLW - 70 points
City LWWW - 71

Have people written off Villa then? A win tonight, very possible and they move within one point, ok with an extra game played but still within touching distance. Another win on Saturday and losses for both us and Spurs and they're 4th.

blah, blah blah...............

After the worst day for years losing on Saturday ,my poor old mind will not work out any combination of results, which is good really as the Prem has thrown up so of the biggest shocks for many seasons.

However the Spurs game is our biggest and if MUFC can beat them this weekend ,we will arrive a worn out 4th.

bluelassie said:
Have people written off Villa then? A win tonight, very possible and they move within one point, ok with an extra game played but still within touching distance. Another win on Saturday and losses for both us and Spurs and they're 4th.

blah, blah blah...............

No, they would be 5th on GD, but I take your point.

Another nightmare scenario is that as well as Villa winning their next 2, Dippers do the same against West Ham H and Burnley A and score a few goals in the process.

Then if we lose to Arsenal - also highly likely - on 26th of April we will find ourselves 7th!!! !?!?!

A Spurs win at the rags probably clinches it for them but I doubt they'll get a result with ManUre chasing the title. i fancy the rags to thrash them and give our GD a better look about it.

Our game at the Arse will then have a completely different vibe and I see us getting summat from it.

As for a Spuds fan trying to take the moral high ground on splashing the cash ......YCMIU. FPMSFL!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.