Would Van Buyton solve all our problems?

collie40

Van Buyton, i know he's 33, but could and would do a fantastic job for us. 20/25 games a year, 4 or 5 years, and the experience he'd bring to the team! A real class act, was so disapointed when we had to let him go! Was it Van Nistleroy he had in is pocket a few years ago in the derby? I get a bit confused with years these days! lol. Only thought of this when replying to a buy Belgium post, but Van Buyton and Vinnie ! ooohhh lovely! lol

collie40 said:
Van Buyton, i know he's 33, but could and would do a fantastic job for us. 20/25 games a year, 4 or 5 years, and the experience he'd bring to the team! A real class act, was so disapointed when we had to let him go! Was it Van Nistleroy he had in is pocket a few years ago in the derby? I get a bit confused with years these days! lol. Only thought of this when replying to a buy Belgium post, but Van Buyton and Vinnie ! ooohhh lovely! lol

he was great for us for a few months but at a very different time in our history and I really do not see any point in considering him at that age

Is it so important that both Central Defenders are from the same country?

If you really want another Belgian , It would have to be Vermaelen. I can't imagina a better duo. Both one of the best defenders in the PL and they are compratriots , understand each other good. It's btw suprising that they never played yet together at the national team , due the coach mostly plays Van buyten together with kompany and Vermaelen at LB. And Vermaelen has been out for a long time aswell. Hope that they will play together upcoming friendlies , must be a worldclass duo.

And I see many people here want Vertonghen , but I doubt he is better than Lescott. He is also not doing that well at ajax at the moment , I think because he has not much motivation anymore at ajax.

Van Buyten is probably too slow now. If we were to buy a 33-year-old defender, he'd rank below Lucio and Carvalho for me anyway.

I think if the club decides to buy a defender, it will follow the usual policy of someone in his 20s but not a greenhorn as we have four of those (Savic, Boyata, Wabara, Rekik). Not convinced we need one yet, Savic's baptism of fire won't be a constant thing and he will learn, plus the very promising Boyata will be an option again next season. But if Kolo leaves I reckon we will probably buy one.

The answer to 'our problems' (whatever they are) is getting down on our hands and knees and begging petrov to come back to cover at left back, pleading with robinho to return and fill the 'silva' role and providing we have enough humility left convince samaras to be that coveted fourth striker.

glen quagmire said:
The answer to 'our problems' (whatever they are) is getting down on our hands and knees and begging petrov to come back to cover at left back, pleading with robinho to return and fill the 'silva' role and providing we have enough humility left convince samaras to be that coveted fourth striker.

Samaras? Don't be so moronic. He is simply not good enough for our team now. Bojinov is a realistic target for a 4th striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.