Would you accept an openly gay footballer at the club?

Quite an interesting thread this and it is football related. Of course there is no reason why gay players can't play for City, it shouldn't be an issue.
In the real world if a player was openly gay the crowds would lambast him unfortunately. Until many gay players come out and the masses become desensitised then the abuse would be deafening for a while at least.
However, it is highly likely that every team has at least 1 gay player [the law of averages] just we don't know about it so maybe the environment of a dressing room isn't a big deal if one is gay. The scum had coppell and Tranny so it's not a new thing in the world of football even though what happened to Fashanu was abominable.

I honestly can't believe that in this day & age a question such as this should even arise. It's a complete non-subject surely for every right minded individual.

citygal1 said:
bluesoup said:
Look at it this way, which parent on here would buy their kid a football shirt with an openly gay footballers name on it? Who would go to a match or walk down a street with a openly gay name on it? Not many, I'd guess...

Let's be real about this, morally it is correct to accept but, football is not the real world. However, this could add a new dimension to comments about powder puff neck warmers!

Do u not think 30 years ago people would have said that about black people?
times change.
How many kids do u think go around copying david beckham? hes not gay (hmm) but hes very feminine, would u tell ur child not to wear his shirt cos hes a bit girly?
My children will NEVER be seen in a David Beckham shirt!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AJje3ElDc&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s[/youtube]

dont know if this has worked as i have never posted a video before..but this guy is funny,what about a ref,and i dont have issues with gays!

tonytowers said:
Bluemoon115 said:
what sort a question is that,since when did two bandits create a child,wrong wrong wrong!

Do you wear a badge that states,that you refuse to be helped by any police officer,paramedic,doctor or even shop assistant that is gay?

If not,i am sure some of our photoshoppers can design you a corker.

Also,sex need not have to lead to a house full of kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.