Would you be the same person...

I'm not into astrology, but I'm interested to see what various people believe. A standard human pregnancy is 9 months, but how many babies are born exactly at the 9 months' point? We could all be a bit premature or late, so how does this affect us?

I know it's pie-in-the-sky, expecting a deep discussion on here, but you never know....

another generation said:
... if you were born to the same set of parents, but born at a different time?

Tbh I like your question...

Yes it's a little mad and nonsensical but not as daft as some of the topics on here...

My date of birth is 5th Sep and I have thought About if I was born 5-6 days earlier..

I think things would have been Lot different. A lot of my friends now in my 30+ years on this planet are friends from school.. One of my close friends is someone I met in primary school on one of the first days....

So as much as my parents are wonderful and have shaped me in so many ways And. My views..

It's the this I have done learning , taking risks , getting into bother with friends for me that might have changed my life different from today...

I think if I would have been born them few days earlier, I would have had a different friends and done different things and would be a different person.

How's that...

If you had the same genetic make-up (which I think is what you're trying to say) but you were born just at a different time, then the only difference it would make to you would be an environmental difference.

So if we look at the different ways in which our environment can effect us.

Well firstly, and most importantly, you'd have the same parents. Their personality over the years would be imparted on you in the same way, they'd bring you up in much the same manner. So it wouldn't be that which changes you. You're very unlikely to be born on the cusp of a different year group at school so as long as the time difference weren't more than that, you'd go to the same school and you'd meet the same people. Of course, if you were born a year later/earlier then you'll find you'd have different friends and this certainly would change you.

The only other thing environmental which could impact you would be events that you would have missed if you had been born earlier/later. This would likely only effect the immediate while after you were born and so again your upbringing overall would be mostly the same.

In conclusion: As long as the time difference isn't too great, let's say 3 months, then you would be nearly identical to who you are now in terms of personality and things that have happened to you in your life. Any time greater than that and chaos theory starts to break through and all of a sudden your life would look very different.

You would absolutely be a different person. I would suggest Googling "chaos theory" and "the domino effect". It's very easy to get to grips with and it makes absolute sense.

SkyBlueFlux said:
The only other thing environmental which could impact you would be events that you would have missed if you had been born earlier/later. This would likely only effect the immediate while after you were born and so again your upbringing overall would be mostly the same.

In conclusion: As long as the time difference isn't too great, let's say 3 months, then you would be nearly identical to who you are now in terms of personality and things that have happened to you in your life. Any time greater than that and chaos theory starts to break through and all of a sudden your life would look very different.

Sorry mate, but this is a fundamental misunderstanding of chaos theory. Even if you were born 1/100 of a second earlier, you would be a different person. Not only that, but everyone else in the world would be different as a direct result of you being born slightly earlier. To explain in an extremely simplified way:
Your dad would hold you at a very slightly different angle because of how he was sitting when the midwife handed you to him, which would affect everything else around him including you. For example, being held at that angle might mean that you didn't burp when you otherwise would, which in turn means everyone in the room didn't laugh at that moment in time, which in turn means they leave the room at a slightly different moment, which in turn means your aunty got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home, which in turn made her angry, which in turn made her kick the dog when she got home, which in turn meant the dog bit the cat, which in turn meant the cat ran into the road and got hit by a bus, which in turn made the bus driver slam on the brakes, which in turn made the cyclist behind the bus go flying into a garden where he landed on a beautiful woman and instantly they fell in love and had 7 children, one of whom murdered you 27 years later. That wouldn't have happened if you had been born 1/100th of a second later.

Stuuuuuu said:
Even if you were born 1/100 of a second earlier, you would be a different person. Not only that, but everyone else in the world would be different as a direct result of you being born slightly earlier. To explain in an extremely simplified way:
Your dad would hold you at a very slightly different angle because of how he was sitting when the midwife handed you to him, which would affect everything else around him including you. For example, being held at that angle might mean that you didn't burp when you otherwise would, which in turn means everyone in the room didn't laugh at that moment in time, which in turn means they leave the room at a slightly different moment, which in turn means your aunty got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home, which in turn made her angry, which in turn made her kick the dog when she got home, which in turn meant the dog bit the cat, which in turn meant the cat ran into the road and got hit by a bus, which in turn made the bus driver slam on the brakes, which in turn made the cyclist behind the bus go flying into a garden where he landed on a beautiful woman and instantly they fell in love and had 7 children, one of whom murdered you 27 years later. That wouldn't have happened if you had been born 1/100th of a second later.
Ha ha, like it. And I've managed to escape the murderer.

it depends when the difference in time was, if it was before the sperm reached the egg, then you wouldn't exist if it was just a premature or overdue birth then you will be pretty much the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.