Would you go Red?

Why Always Ste

Just "read" that a major company, Rakuten, offered to sponsor us in 2012 under the condition that we changed our colours to Red.
They have since signed a mega sponsorship deal with Barca today.

So, how would you feel if we would've gone red?
Or any other colour for that matter if say Carlsberg wanted to sponsor us and asked us to play in green :/

Luckily for us the offer was declined under those terms.

For me, it doesn't matter how much money was on the table, I would walk away from supporting City (under the current regime) if they decided to change our primary colour to Red.

And yes I am aware we have played in red (and black) historically.

Just "read" that a major company, Rakuten, offered to sponsor us in 2012 under the condition that we changed our colours to Red.
They have since signed a mega sponsorship deal with Barca today.

So, how would you feel if we would've gone red?
Or any other colour for that matter if say Carlsberg wanted to sponsor us and asked us to play in green :/

Luckily for us the offer was declined under those terms.

For me, it doesn't matter how much money was on the table, I would walk away from supporting City (under the current regime) if they decided to change our primary colour to Red.

And yes I am aware we have played in red (and black) historically.

I would stop going if they changed the home colours to red.

It would be the equivalent of moving the club outside of Manchester, or changing the name to something else. It would no longer be the same club in my eyes.

Putting the boot on the other foot what right does a sponsor have to actually ask that? By all means change the away kit to be sponsor friendly. After all the third kit is sponsored by Double Decker isn't it? But the home kit is sacrosanct. If you buy the club and you own it, to a certain extent you can do what you like, for example Cardiff, but even then, to mess with history and obviously fans opinion it's a huge risk. I wonder what Barça fans thought the other year when their stripes turned into hoops?

I'd be #done with City if they went RED.
...i hate the Red/Black away BTW... RED or MAROON should NEVER EVER EVER be in any of our kits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.