would you have more respect for a player if...

rhinomcfc

he said 'yes i joined for the money'????

i would but i reckon most wouldnt, its just after reading about nolan saying he joined west ham for the tradition of the club and big fat sam when clearly you just dropped a league for more money.

alot of our players have joined for the money i know but some played make me piss with there reasons for joining. i hope if sanchez joins (hopefully) he says yeah i joined for the the fucking money, now lets go and win the league!

Tbh I reckon a lot of players join City for the chance to be a part of something big. It's like they say to them.

"Yeah we're not the biggest club but we're going to be the biggest club and you can help be a part of the era that defines us as the biggest club in the world, you can be a founding member of the city brand that will revolutionise world football in years to come, you can be a legend in the eyes of many!"

"and here's 200k a week"

Yep id prefer it also, i hate the same old lines that pr officers tell them to trott out.
I would be more inclined to trust them also.

e.g If it was a city signing id prefer "yes of course the money is great but the opportunity for something special is also a big draw as we will be competing at the top".
That i would accept, in a few years if we win a fair few titles, then if they say glory of the club etc etc ill believe it then.

I think a lot of fans assume that players join for the money, but it's better left unsaid.

Look at the fullback on Spurs, he openly says he hates football and he does it because he gets paid well, hasn't really gone over well with the Tottenham supporters.

Andouble said:
I think a lot of fans assume that players join for the money, but it's better left unsaid.

Look at the fullback on Spurs, he openly says he hates football and he does it because he gets paid well, hasn't really gone over well with the Tottenham supporters.

who's the fullback??

Very few, perhaps almost none will move from a present club to another club that promises to pay them less money. Thus, first and foremost, everyplayer joins for the money and the opportunity.

Since that is already a given, it makes no sense for a player to say, I joined for the money. Seeing as every player joins for the money, the issue then becomes "what else besides the money made you join?" It is the answer to that, that is key. It could be opportunity to Start, Love the coach, love the opportunity to win trophies, needed a change of scene, join players he already knows and likes, joins the club's prestige, joins club he loved as a youth e.t.c.

Th only problem I have, is when players say "I didn't join for the money" It is a ludicrous claim. They can say I joined because of "X" and X might not be money, and I will be fine with that, but I hate players who say it is not about the money... As it is always about the money, it is just also about other things. You can choose to focus on thos other things but you can't claim not the money.

All that said, fans are the worst when it comes to this, always claiming "mercenary" or "no love for the club" crap. There is no such thing. Players play the way they play no matter what--- Players will play poorly if they want to leave (like Fabregas often does against Barca) but they wouldn't play any differently if they love the club, or just work for the club.

rhinomcfc said:
lee-mcfc said:
didnt Assou Ekotto come out and say this last year?

i hate that prick, i thing the spud fans got pissed of when he stormed off down the tunnel after having a mare
they sure did

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/01/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham-hotspur" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... am-hotspur</a>

lee-mcfc said:
didnt Assou Ekotto come out and say this last year?
Love that dude. One of the most original, down to earth, intelligent, and thought provoking athletes in sports.

It is always a pleasure reading his comments. That said, he is an average player so I'd never want him on my squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.