Would you take 4th now?

after yesterday and fulham we are seeing glimpses of it coming together

walking home i had, for the first time in a long time, the genuine belief that we could win the bloody thing

Football changes very quickly you only have to look at Chelsea to recognise that, a month ago everyone on here was crowing them champions waxing lyrical about them being this unbeatable force who were going to run away with it and leave everyone else fighting for the scraps, now they could conceivably be 4th this time next week a point above Spurs in 5th, if that can happen to them then we are in no position to take anything for granted in my view.

Of course id take 4th, your guaranteeing champions league football something that is goldust these days is what our aim was from the start, plenty can still go wrong as well as the other end of the scale, Spurs are a threat and of course there's 3 sides above us all very good so it would be naive not to take 4th at this stage.

Julie said:
Football changes very quickly you only have to look at Chelsea to recognise that, a month ago everyone on here was crowing them champions waxing lyrical about them being this unbeatable force who were going to run away with it and leave everyone else fighting for the scraps, now they could conceivably be 4th this time next week a point above Spurs in 5th, if that can happen to them then we are in no position to take anything for granted in my view.

Of course id take 4th, your guaranteeing champions league football something that is goldust these days is what our aim was from the start, plenty can still go wrong as well as the other end of the scale, Spurs are a threat and of course there's 3 sides above us all very good so it would be naive not to take 4th at this stage.
4th does not guarantee Champions League football, and even if we do qualify we would then get a very tough draw. Spurs got lucky as Inter are on the slide, and Werder Bremen and FC Twente are poor sides.

I think anywhere in the top 4 as long as it was a convincing top 4 as in we chased the rent boys and rags til the end aswell as pulling away from the shit down below too

Spurs fan in peace said:
Some of you should remember where you came from! jesus you offered any Spurs fan 4th now I promise you 99% of us would absolutely bite your hands off and you should too!

Whilst i agree we should bite anyones hand off who offers us 4th i'm surprised that you lot, like us, don't look at the 3 teams above us and think "why can't we compete with them?" Neither of those 3 have shown anything so far that make me think we can't compete. The only thing Chelsea and Scum have over us, and you, is knowhow.

Spurs fan in peace said:
Some of you should remember where you came from! jesus you offered any Spurs fan 4th now I promise you 99% of us would absolutely bite your hands off and you should too!

You gonna tell bent Arry that next time he say's you can win the league?
Thought not. As for telling us that we should remember our place, you should remember yours which is not on a City forum telling us what we should or shouldn't want.

As for me, 4th was/is the target and I'd be content with that, anything above that is a bonus.

Cobwebcat said:
I'd take 3rd. I wouldn't take 5th.

4th....dunno!

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:09 pm --

Go on.....go on....go on....

I WOULD take 4th , yes ........ as that would mean we've progressed on last season ...

but i've always maintained that , at the outset of the season , you simply set your stall out to win each and every game , and see where it takes you ........ and in this unpredicatable season , at the present time , we've as much chance of actually winning the title as anybody else.

Cobwebcat said:
I'd take 3rd. I wouldn't take 5th.

4th....dunno!

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:09 pm --

Go on.....go on....go on....

potentially we have a squad to win the premiership but that may be a big ask this season?

imho 3rd or higher and i would believe this is what Manchester city from owner to players will be aiming for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.