Would you take a draw against Arsenal?

I honestly believe we will set the stall out and tank the tarquins when we play them, we have the better team and we are at home. Obviously anything can happen.

Our threat will be complacency in the other fixtures not on this one IMHO.

Once we smelt blood and the door opened you think we play for a draw in any game, That's why we win titles we play to win every single game we play, The things you can not control are other results, But you set up the pressure by keep winning your games, it's like a show of strength, you sort of say ok watch this and beat Munich and then win at a cantor vs Leicester in 45 minutes,

I think Arsenal are trying to copy us and win the games early and then coast, both in the last 2 games 2.0 up and could not hold on,

I’m not saying a draw would kill our chances
Exactly. A defeat would kill our chances, which is why taking a draw would be ok.
They will drop points somewhere else too (Newcastle most likely) so as long as we beat everyone else, we win the league

I mean, why draw when we can win? Maybe the question needs reframing.

Say we did draw against Arsenal. Would people view that as a disaster? Or would people be satisfied knowing that Arsenal didn't get all the points? Or something in between, perhaps?

No, we have to win.

Assuming they beat Southampton on Friday then a draw at our place would put the league firmly in their hands.

Their task then becomes a lot simpler: win our last five games and we are champions.

They would know there is nothing we can do about it if they win their games so they could forget about us to some extent which takes a bit of the pressure off.

Of course they could drop points further down the line but I would prefer to have control of our own destiny.

If we let them off the hook they will start to see the finish line and might get a second wind.

This is our only chance to directly affect their results and their confidence, we have to take it.

Never go into a game thinking of getting a draw, have you forgotten pisscan doing that at the derby in 2012 at our place , pep would never allow that sort of thing to enter their heads . If we are two down in injury time then go for the draw only

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.