Would you take M.Owen to the World Cup?

BingoBango said:
Cheesy said:
If it were anyone else there wouldn't be any debate about it. Yes, he used to be good, but the only reasons this is still talked about are...

1. He's a media darling
2. He 'plays' for the scum

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dangerhere.com/henry-winters-michael-owen-obsession/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dangerhere.com/henry-winters ... obsession/</a>

In a startling case of the love that dare tweet its name, Telegraph journalist Henry Winter seems to have grown dangerously obsessed with Michael Owen.

At least it’s taken the man’s mind off Thierry “must be banned from playing in the 2010 World Cup” Henry for a minute or two. Check out some of Henry’s recent tweets.

World Cup 2010: Fabio Capello’s forward thinking must include Michael Owen

Amazing double rainbow over Old Trafford – Michael Owen will hope to find a crock of gold there for #Manchester United v Moscow tonight

Good to see Warnock in England squad, putting pressure on Bridge. No place for Owen, sadly but inevitably. It’ll take an injury to Defoe 1s

Listening to good Radio5 debate on passes of the season, consensus being Lampard has had best 2 v Bolton. What about Giggs to Owen v City?

Watching England-Brazil from 07 on Qatar TV. Strike-force? A Smith & M Owen. Seems a long time ago. 1-1 draw. England would love that again

Lawro right on MOTD. England must take 5 strikers to WC: Roo Emile Crouch Defoe Owen. Bet Fabio doesn’t. Hope Sven calls admitting 06 errors

Poor Owen…didn’t score v Everton but impressed with clever runs. And then Defoe, the striker who bars his way back for England, scores 5!!

Just found Capello’s restaurant in Cape Town: no flip-flops allowed, no mobiles, no tomato sauces – and no Michael Owen. Just Joking

A worrying omen for England-USA…Defoe’s pen saved by Howard! Poor pen. Would Owen have netted? He usually gets his England pens, 4 of 4

Michael Owen scores big goals in big games. No English striker consistently takes up more intelligent positions. He must go to the World Cup.

And don’t forget ‘01 Super Cup: further to tributes to Owen’s destruction of German defences, he put LFC winner past Bayern’s Kahn in Monaco.

Wonder if he'd be arselicking as much if Owen had signed for us?

Not at all, I'd rather take Bloody Zamora, and thats saying something

jimharri said:
mat said:
thanks jim,

i expect your fee shortly

:)
Have you tried knitting fog Mat? You'll find that as easy as getting money from me!

Sorry Jim.

I meant to say will you be sending me an invoice?

Mat. Rate Crouch, ain't got nothing against him. Just think at that level you need that extra something. Rooney has it in abundance (choke splutter). god that hurt. You look at all top teams. Spain (Villa Torres) Argentina (Higuain Messi) etc.

King Of The Kippax said:
Personally i would.

I know it would be a massive gamble to take a player who seems to get injured every time he plays,,,However i still believe he's Englands only Proven out and out goalscorer/Poacher. Obviously not to be a regular in SA, However i do think if we we need a goal against a team over there, Michael Owen is a player i think would be ideal to chuck on!

The only problem is who dont you take?

Thoughts...

he may once have been a 'proven goalscorer' but he isn't anymore and he certainly won't be by the time the world cup starts.
He's a twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.