Wrong fuel in your car.

ShaunMCFC

Work part-time at a petty station and witnessed a woman put a fivers worth of diesel into her unleaded Daewoo Matiz (sp?). After i told her not to start it up 'cause she'd fuck her engine and to get onto her breakdown people, it cost her £130 for the pleasure of them draining it out. What made me wonder is that the diesel pump nozzle is a bit bigger than the unleaded nozzle so she must of struggled to get the diesel into her car and makes me think she was a bit stupid.

Anyone else managed to do this. I could understand people putting unleaded into a diesel car 'cause the nozzle would fit easily but not the other way around.

To be honest, why aren't the 4 types of fuel all a different shaped nozzle, whihc only fits on that type of receptacle?

Is it because it's a nice easy way for companies to make a few quid now and again?

I had a diesel Range Rover on hire whilst my petrol one was being repaired.

I jumped out of the car after a busy day and put the petrol nozzle to the hire cars filler and there was a safety catch that clicked into place stopping any significant amount of fuel going in. Brilliant idea as you have to root around in the under floor storage for the key and when you have a boot full of stuff it's a ballache digging it out. I had to dribble diesel in at 10p's worth a time as I had something in the boot that would need three people to get out. Took me about ten minutes to get a gallon in!

daveduke67 said:

I jumped out of the car after a busy day and put the petrol nozzle to the hire cars filler and there was a safety catch that clicked into place stopping any significant amount of fuel going in. Brilliant idea as you have to root around in the under floor storage for the key and when you have a boot full of stuff it's a ballache digging it out. I had to dribble diesel in at 10p's worth a time as I had something in the boot that would need three people to get out. Took me about ten minutes to get a gallon in!
You've lost me there! If you had put the right nossle in, (you said you had to dribble diesel in, and it was a diesel car), why did the safety catch set in? Or do you have to use the key each time you put any fuel in?

Women drivers never cease to amaze me. Last night I saw a woman trying to reverse off a motorway slip road back onto a busy dual carriageway.

Pigeonho said:
daveduke67 said:

You've lost me there! If you had put the right nossle in, (you said you had to dribble diesel in, and it was a diesel car), why did the safety catch set in? Or do you have to use the key each time you put any fuel in?

When I put the first nozzle in the safety catch came across and you need the key to unlock it. I couldn't get the wooden crate out of the back on my own so I couldn't get to the key which was located in the spare wheel well. I swapped the petrol for the diesel nozzle and stood there dribbling like an 80 year old with prostate problems.

You only need the key when you've activated the catch.

daveduke67 said:
Pigeonho said:
daveduke67 said:

When I put the first nozzle in the safety catch came across and you need the key to unlock it. I couldn't get the wooden crate out of the back on my own so I couldn't get to the key which was located in the spare wheel well. I swapped the petrol for the diesel nozzle and stood there dribbling like an 80 year old with prostate problems.

You only need the key when you've activated the catch.
Ah, got you. I thought you needed the key to remove the unwanted nozzle, so was confused how you had managed to put the diesel one in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.