Wrong number calls

bluetonium

Turns out a brighthouse store about 5 miles from us has either got a new number, or a lot of their customers have suddenly gotten fat fingers. Getting tens of calls a day - their number is the same four last digits as ours.

It's driving us mad, we are new parents and have a young baby with colic, every time she sleeps we try to do the same, only to be woken up by calls. Not that its fine when we are awake either.

Short of unplugging the phone (which we tried and grandparents almost had heart attack) and actually changing our number (we have lots of friends abroad so want to avoid the inconvenience of a number change if possible), do we have any other options? Acknowledge its not Brighthouse's fault but its driving us mad. Been like this six days a week for most of December. Hopefully it will calm down after today but what are the best options?

Brighthouse ? I have a similar problem, although someone seems to think our number is a Lighthouse.!

On more than one occassion I have picked the phone up and there is some bloke on the other end asking if the coast is clear?

i had a funny call last night and i think my wife is selling drugs behind my back
picked up the phone and a guy said has the dope gone yet

get a caller ID phone and then move your phone away from the baby

We had this a few years ago. Moved house and kept the number that was already there then kept getting calls for a company. When we checked their number if was nothing whatsoever like ours and we simpy couldn't understand why we were getting them.

Then a woman called and we said it was the wrong number but she was insistent that ours was the number she'd been told to call, She wouldn't have it and started getting quite aggressive. When we asked here who'd told her to call it she said she'd had a recorded message when she dialled the number in the telephone book telling here to call our number. We assumed there had been a mistake by BT but then it dawned on us that the number for this company was only one digit (767 instead of 766) different from our old number at the old house and that we'd paid to put a recorded message on.

Sure enough the woman dialled back again and I patiently explained to her what had happened, that she was dialling the wrong number in the first place and getting the recorded messgae and what the right number was.

A few minutes later, the phone rang again and it was her. I was somewhat less patient this time as she angrily insisted she'd dialled the correct number and been given our number. I told her she hadn't dialled the right number and gave her one or two other pieces of advice before slamming the phone down.

Blow me, it rang again 1 minute later and I just lost it. Assuming it was the woman again I shouted "Will you just fuck off you stupid cow" to which my shocked mother on the other end replied "I beg your pardon?"

The bizarre thing was that my wife then telephoned this company to explain they might be getting some irate calls and it turned out to be owned by the husband of her ex flat-mate who she'd lost touch with.

I used to get a lot from pissheads ringing the pizza place that is virtually the same number as mine.

I used to take their orders and, when they kept ringing back telling them it was on the way or we were outside and they should come out and get it. Eventually they either gave up, threatened to come round and smash the shop or were pacified with the offer of a free pizza next time they ordered.

When I'd had enough I'd unplug the phone.

I get loads from people because of my being a in the alphabet you know where they knock the phone book on by accident on their mobile, I've listened to some very interesting conversations over the years, the best one was at 3 in the morning where this couple were in mid flight of an argument, accusing one another of affairs, then the rhythmic banging started, went on for 15 mins then I got bored.

I get the odd call for the local Off Licence now and again. I take there order and just hang up. They soon realise they have called the wrong number when there drink doesnt come. Some people will say its bad but fuck it if they cant dial out the number right then they dont deserve any drink.

daveduke67 said:
I used to get a lot from pissheads ringing the pizza place that is virtually the same number as mine.

I used to take their orders and, when they kept ringing back telling them it was on the way or we were outside and they should come out and get it. Eventually they either gave up, threatened to come round and smash the shop or were pacified with the offer of a free pizza next time they ordered.

When I'd had enough I'd unplug the phone.

Cruel but funny as fuck!

I'v got a mate who works in Trafford park, and his work phone number is 1 digit different to that of old trafford ticket line. The amount of calls he gets asking for tickets he said is unreal. He's convinced that one day, if he really wanted to, he could convince the person on the other end to give thema ll his details, card number, cv2, expiry date, just because they think they are talking to old trafford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.