WSL Aston Villa (A) 18/05/24:

So on this occasion we need United to either take points off Chelsea whilst we win - or lose by the odd goal whilst we win by 4 or more. Or even stranger, we lose by 1 whilst Chelsea lose by 3. It might by an afternoon where calculators are needed!

United are only playing for pride - but you would hope they would want to finish on a high in front of their own fans. But the same is true of Villa.

So on this occasion we need United to either take points off Chelsea whilst we win - or lose by the odd goal whilst we win by 4 or more. Or even stranger, we lose by 1 whilst Chelsea lose by 3. It might by an afternoon where calculators are needed!
Second time in a week that I am hoping for a united win

United are only playing for pride - but you would hope they would want to finish on a high in front of their own fans. But the same is true of Villa.
If, at the end of the day, every stat between CWFC and MCWFC is equal, with ne'er a glimpse of daylight between the two teams, it should be shared, but I suspect the FA will determine the outcome on alphabetical order.

I thought that Chelsea would use the Spurs game to put the title out of our reach, but they didn't. Two goals advantage gives up hope; four or five wouldn't. They are still the favourites but we're still in this. What a right pity Bunny is injured though!

United are at home AND playing at Old Trafford, they won't want to be well beaten there, in front of a big crowd.

At the start of the season I really didn't expect too much. Thought we were still a few players light with only the addition of Jill Roord who we subsequnetly lost to injury. So to still be challenging going into the final game is no mean feat. I think that without also losing Bunny we would have had it already sewn up or at the very least in our own hands.

I wish the girls well but am fully expecting Chelsea to scrape over the line (by hook or by crook).

Couldn’t walk or stand last weekend due to severe sciatica. Steadily recovered over the week to the point that I’m sitting in corporate at Villa Park (with Villa fan Mrs) looking forward to seeing the women get the job done before the lads do the business tomorrow.

Life is good (3 x Amstels in)!
You know the rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.