WSL- Liverpool (H) 21st January KO 14:30

It cant be a red though if she gives the pen as shes going for the ball, unless she thinks excessive force has been used. Seeing it again there is definitely an argument for that, but its not a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity.
I wonder if someone had a word in her ear after she waved the yellow ?

I don't think she gave a penalty initially, but having only booked her, has the 4th official said that has to be a red or penalty, whilst treatment was being given. It only seemed to be a penalty after a couple of minutes of treatment. Either that or she did give it right away, to save herself the sending off. At full speed neither the lino or referee would see it outside and there's no var to get it right.

A good performance from the girls that, could have been a much bigger win really, and it's taken us level on GD with chelsea. I thought Esme Morgan did well after coming on in particular.

Goal difference is so important in this league and given where we were a few weeks ago, it's incredible that we've now caught up with Chelsea on GD. We're playing really well at the moment and I think it's becoming clearer what our best starting 11 is

Goal difference is so important in this league and given where we were a few weeks ago, it's incredible that we've now caught up with Chelsea on GD. We're playing really well at the moment and I think it's becoming clearer what our best starting 11 is
I think the current squad is quite possibly the best we've had, we've got quality across the pitch, and much better back up's than previous squads, shame we lost Blakstad (can someone let the bbc know).

Good win today, a few stray passes but overall I thought we controlled the game well. Before the game I thought it was going to be a tough match and when they scored with their first shot I was sat there thinking, here we go again, just typical. We didn't panic though and carried on with our game and ultimately got the victory we deserved. We could even have had a few more goals too.
I rather liked Taylor's comments on the assault on Hemp I don't think she meant to nearly cut her in half but..'
Hopefully both Hemp and Casparij will be fit for the midweek game against the team that aspire to be us.

I rather liked Taylor's comments on the assault on Hemp I don't think she meant to nearly cut her in half but..'
Hopefully both Hemp and Casparij will be fit for the midweek game against the team that aspire to be us.
Just hope that we have enough players to put a team out on Wednesday. After Blakstad's departure we even had to put 2 keepers on the bench today to make up the numbers.

I wonder if someone had a word in her ear after she waved the yellow ?

I don't think she gave a penalty initially, but having only booked her, has the 4th official said that has to be a red or penalty, whilst treatment was being given. It only seemed to be a penalty after a couple of minutes of treatment. Either that or she did give it right away, to save herself the sending off. At full speed neither the lino or referee would see it outside and there's no var to get it right.

A good performance from the girls that, could have been a much bigger win really, and it's taken us level on GD with chelsea. I thought Esme Morgan did well after coming on in particular.
That's what i thought! I bemoaned the ball trickling past the post, Lauren flat on the floor, and then I saw the City players lining up on the edge of the box and then Chloe with the ball in her hand. Difficult to see when the ref pointed to the spot, if she actually did, rather than a mumbled remark to the Dippers "Sorry, ladies, but it's a pen!' But if you give a yellow card for a foul inside the area then it has to be a penalty, unless the goalie just whipped off her shirt before Lauren poked the ball.

Certainly the longest time I've witnessed between a tackle and realising it was a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.