WSL MUWFC (A) 19/11/23:3

Great result and great performance. Also awesome for the two teams to be getting to play in a packed stadium under the lights.

Champions league qualification is a must this season if we want to retain our best players and attract a couple more. I do also think we'll need a better coach too.

Unfortunately I think Chelsea will walk the league again this season. The top four sides are all capable of taking points off eachother but city, united and arsenal all have slip ups in them against the weaker teams, whereas Chelsea just consistently turn those teams over. Think we also severely lack strength in depth compared to Chelsea and Arsenal.

If we can secure top three though and recruit well next summer, then hopefully we can take advantage of Chelsea losing Emma Hayes and very likely Sam Kerr.

The first 25 mins was all united? Was it fuck?
It certainly wasn’t at the game I was at. The Ragettes barely got out of their own half for the first half an hour and their penalty goal was completely against the run of play. Even more telling of City’s superiority though is what happened after the sending off. The other lot had a player advantage for about 29 minutes during which time I think they had one shot on goal. They’re as bad as the men’s team, the Stadium is a shithole and the atmosphere in the ground (and I was in the Stretford End) was like a morgue. The “Greatest Football Club in the World” is fading into mediocrity.

Just watched the extended highlights.

Our pressure was killing the ragettes kick and hoof it play.
The second goal was delicious move by Yui Hasegawa, stealing the ball and releasing it with a Silvaesque touch. Soz but each time I watch her some Merlin images come to mind. Hempo's curler another derby golazo.

The bitter cunts at the Beeb, SkumNews etc. must be seething.

Lovely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.