WTF are Arsenal playing at?

Pounding

They gave us 80 extra tickets today. I was expecting 1000. Isn't there a minimum requirement they're supposed to give to away fans, of 3000?

Pounding said:
They gave us 80 extra tickets today. I was expecting 1000. Isn't there a minimum requirement they're supposed to give to away fans, of 3000?

I'm sure there's more to it than that.

We have a right to 3000 tickets but I think if we don't sell them all we are liable. Not in every case but in the cases where a smaller allocation can be taken. We took a smaller allocation of 2K but were surprised by demand.

My guess is that Arsenal have already started selling the 1000 we refused and this is all that can be squeezed in.

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

We were only given a limited allocation from Arsenal and after selling out of those, Arsenal said they will send us some more. These tickets are supposed to be arriving tomorrow and going on sale after they have been checked.
When they do go back on sale it will be to any Seasoncard and Citycard holders.

We are always at the mercy of the away club and we can only sell the tickets once they are physically in our possession and can only apologise for the confusion caused by the sales of this fixture.

Please call the sales team tomorrow.

Regards,

Toby
Supporter Services

Got this yesterday

David,

UPDATE - Tickets have now arrived at MCFC and will go on sale this afternoon.

Toby

Then got this

blumoon said:
David,

Toby

Then got this

Eh? I just rang them again and they said they'd be getting no more.

Pounding said:
blumoon said:
David,

Toby

Then got this

Eh? I just rang them again and they said they'd be getting no more.

Sorry mate also got this yesterday when i got home from work...........i put a thread up to let you all know, obviously you did'nt see it.

The norm is that two allocations are advised from the home club to the away club

The lower allocation (say in this case 2000) is on a "sale or return" basis.

The higher allocation (should be 3000 ie 5% of 60,000) is a sale only with no return - ie away club has to pay for all the tickets even if they dont sell them all.

In this instance it looks on the face of it, the ticket office took the lower allocation - which IMO is a huge fuckup on there part as we always sell out at Arsenal.

In the current economic climate i think the club only took the minimum allocation. The demand suddenly "was mad!", according to the lad at the ticket office, so they tried for more but obviously could'nt get the other 1000.

The club annouced at the game on Wednesday the extra tickets were going on sale on Friday yet we bought 5 on thursday !!! same old ticket office !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.