Wycombe 1 MCFC 0 - Tuesday 10th November 1998

crumpsallblue said:
meeesh said:
Barnet ???

Fuck me that must have been a League Cup game,we never been that low where we have played fucking Barnet ?

Yeah league cup, cant remember a replay at our place but sure it was 1 each?

We got beat that night 1-0, hammered them at home in the 2nd leg. It was the year we got dicked by Palace in the quarter final

M18SK13 said:
crumpsallblue said:
meeesh said:
Barnet ???

Fuck me that must have been a League Cup game,we never been that low where we have played fucking Barnet ?

Yeah league cup, cant remember a replay at our place but sure it was 1 each?

We got beat that night 1-0, hammered them at home in the 2nd leg. It was the year we got dicked by Palace in the quarter final

Ahh another great year... That performance against Palace was painful...

I remember being at Wycombe 'That' night but always found small nugets of gold in every game. The one that night was so old bloke behind me losing it big time and screaming:-

'City, City, You've got about as much imagination as a..... a..... a... (at this point loads of people were looking at him to see what City had as much imagination as) a... a... Caravan site!!!!'

I was laughing all the way home thinking about the great Manc state of mind. I was living in East London at the time and went to nearly all the City games down in the South East and loved being around my fellow Manc brothers. Infact I enjoyed it so much, I came home

mansfield in that shitty cup...that 35 yarder freekick by lee peacock and the pocket of mansfield fans taking the piss big time, think the gate was 4500 or summit...lowest ever

My old fella had just been told by the docs he was dying and his brother lived in High Wycombe so took him down with me and we stopped over.Never been so down coming home next day.That's as close as i came to jacking in watchin City just couldn't bring myself not to go though and he just about lived to see us win the play off final.

i kne albert davy said:
My old fella had just been told by the docs he was dying and his brother lived in High Wycombe so took him down with me and we stopped over.Never been so down coming home next day.That's as close as i came to jacking in watchin City just couldn't bring myself not to go though and he just about lived to see us win the play off final.

Chuft he saw us win that day pal :o) He'll be looking down with a huge grin on his face sat in a heavenly bar with Malcolm Allison living it up with the big man (who is a blue by all accounts) ;o)

Great story pal, which makes me not take what were are being given now lightly

I took my two teenage boys to see City for their first time at this Wycombe match. I'm a born and bred true Blue exiled in the South since 1978.
Memories of this game.
1. Manc passion and humour
2. Great hot dogs (agree with previous posting)
3. Noel and Liam giving it plenty in the crowd (my boys were big Oasis fans)
4. City were unlucky to concede but did not play well
5. A small group of City fans giving serious verbals to some of our players as they left the pitch.

Happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.