Xabi Alonso planning return to England

pauljv92

What on earth is going on here???? If this is true, we absolutely HAVE to nab him. He is one of the few players who can play both a NDJ role as well as that of a Deep Lying Play maker with him incredible passing range. Most people on here wank over DDR but he is even better in my opinion. This is an opportunity we should not miss out on and could be disastrous for our aspirations to get back the title next year if he goes to Chelsea. PLEASE Txiki and Soriano. PLEASE make this happen!

Transfer news
Chelsea near Xabi Alonso capture
May 2, 2013
RECOMMEND288TWEET16EMAILPRINT
By Miguel Delaney
Xabi Alonso's proposed summer move to Chelsea now looks even likelier as the club privately confirmed to ESPN they have concrete interest in the player.

GettyImages
Xabi Alonso is reportedly on the verge of leaving Spain
The midfielder’s future has been the subject of increased speculation over the last two days, with the Independent reporting that he could be available at a cut price when Jose Mourinho arrives at Stamford Bridge in the summer.

It now appears likely that the Portuguese coach will return to Chelsea once he leaves Real Madrid and, to a significant degree, it is Alonso’s relationship with the coach that is leading to an expected departure from the Bernabeu.

Sources have said that the 31-year-old is "deeply unimpressed" with the current tension at Madrid. While a number of the Spanish side’s squad have turned against Mourinho - and even lobbied for his sacking - Alonso is one of few players to stay ultra loyal to the manager.

As a part consequence of that, it is understood that both Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa have been effectively ostracised by the Spanish national squad. The midfielder was one of the key exponents of the aggressive approach that Mourinho often used against Barcelona, greatly increasing friction.

Alonso is now known to want a move away from Spain, preferably to London. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has also previously been an admirer of the midfielder and tried to sign him in 2009 before Alonso moved from Liverpool to Real Madrid.

Yet, although Arsenal may resurrect a bid, there are a number of reasons why he is far more likely to go to Chelsea.

Aside from Alonso wanting to keep working with Mourinho, his position is one area that the club specifically want to improve this summer. The Spaniard would be a perfect, with Mourinho understood to have made this known in negotiations.

given he is a decent player but imo he is not the same player as when he was last in the PL. It seems that Mourinho is trying to lure the squad from Real to Chelsea as he has mentioned both Khedira and Alonso in his mutterings.

I would rather we get Fernandinho

Obviously a superb passer of the ball, but I just find his whole on-field demeanour to be that of a dinosaur in a world that is moving to quick, powerful but technically excellent midfielders.

Project said:
Obviously a superb passer of the ball, but I just find his whole on-field demeanour to be that of a dinosaur in a world that is moving to quick, powerful but technically excellent midfielders.

I agree with this. We MUST adopt the thinking that if it aint good enough for anyone else then its not good enough for City.
Its another Nasri - fancy dan arsenal wimp - without the required metal for where we want to be. There's much better out there...............

Project said:

Bang on. I've no doubt he'd be useful against a lot of the lower Prem sides, the ones that don't try and press you so much at least, but we need midfielders who can do that and then replicate that form against the best teams in the world. That's not Alonso, not anymore.

At 31 how much would he cost? Factor in the fact he would want to sign a 4year deal on big wages I dont think he fits with what we want these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.