Xbox 360 repairs

ErlingHaaland

My lads 360 got that red ring thing this morning so does anyone know a shop near the Droylsden /Ashton area or a shop in town I could take it to be repaired ? Don't say it's dead easy and I can do it myself because I'm crap at stuff like that . Also don't say google because I've looked and all the numbers I've tried don't exist anymore !

leruzin said:
My lads 360 got that red ring thing this morning so does anyone know a shop near the Droylsden /Ashton area or a shop in town I could take it to be repaired ? Don't say it's dead easy and I can do it myself because I'm crap at stuff like that . Also don't say google because I've looked and all the numbers I've tried don't exist anymore !

More info please pal, model of xbox (slim/phat) number of red lights? things you have tried (ffs dont wrap a towel round itala youtube, you will fuck it right up).

probably needs a reflow (board heating up with decent flux) to rejoin the solder

could need a reballing (pricey) if one or more chips have become dislodged

both solutions can be hit and miss if you can't find the reason it has overheated in the first place.

Not tried anything on it !! Its the original white fat one think its 120gb .He's been doing my head in all day ! It's got red lights on 1,3 and 4 if that makes sense ? Just packed in this morning :-/

leruzin said:
Not tried anything on it !! Its the original white fat one think its 120gb .He's been doing my head in all day ! It's got red lights on 1,3 and 4 if that makes sense ? Just packed in this morning :-/
yep that makes sense, general hardware failure need a sub code now mate, follow these instructions stolen from avs forum

decipher what your Xbox360 is trying to tell you when you get the three rings of light. There is a code that will flash if you hold down the "Synch" button (White button near the memory slot) and press the DVD Eject button. You will notice the quadrant of lights illuminate and each time you press the eject button you will get a different code.

It breaks down to this:

All four lights illuminate = 0
One Light = 1
Two Lights = 2
Three Lights = 3

Example:

Turn on your "dead" xbox. Wait for the 3 red lights. Once you get them hold the "Synch" button and the eject button down simultaniously. All four lights flash. (0) Press the eject button again and only one light (1) press again and all four light up (0) press again and two lights (2). Error code is 0102. compare this code to the table below to find out what is wrong with your X360. Is it overheating? Power Cord? Hardware?

T

Sorry to bump an old thread. Didn't want to start an unnecessary thread though. My XBox is completely dead and I'm after one just to tide me over until the new one comes out.

Where's the best place to look for an XBox Arcade? I'm not bothered about storage or accessories, just the unit itself. Will it be an ebay job or do any stores sell them cheap? Any help would be appreciated, ta.

Always make sure to take all wires out, then put them all back in, making sure they are properly connected before thinking it is fucked, something not connected properly is the most common cause of red light.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Sorry to bump an old thread. Didn't want to start an unnecessary thread though. My XBox is completely dead and I'm after one just to tide me over until the new one comes out.

Where's the best place to look for an XBox Arcade? I'm not bothered about storage or accessories, just the unit itself. Will it be an ebay job or do any stores sell them cheap? Any help would be appreciated, ta.

I got an Elite from Game not too long ago. £99 with a 1yr warranty. Don't think you'll get much cheaper without taking a risk on an ebay jobby

Joycee Banercheck said:

gumtree

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/xbox-360-arcade-and-5-original-xbox-games/1026633966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/xbox- ... 1026633966</a>

£45, Plus you get two wireless controllers.

You could easily sell the pads alone for £30.
so Xbox will cost you £15 :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.