Xbox scratching disks.

Goo

Absolutely livid!

This is the second time in about a month my Xbox has just scratched the shit out of my FIFA disk for no reason. Every time I try and play the game is just says "disk unreadable"... Costs me a fiver every time to get it sorted at Game. WTF is going on?! Anyone else get this?

I scratched my black ops 2disc that was doin the same, didn't know you could get them repaired?! try loading the game onto your harddrive, that way it won't use the disc to play the game. it only needs the disc to boot up.

camcity said:
I scratched my black ops 2disc that was doin the same, didn't know you could get them repaired?! try loading the game onto your harddrive, that way it won't use the disc to play the game. it only needs the disc to boot up.

Interesting... How do I do that?

Cheers

Are you standing the console upright ?

If so thats the problem... even though it shows you that on all the adverts, the xbox is designed to be flat.

Goo said:
camcity said:

Interesting... How do I do that?

Cheers

On Xbox home screen press X button when your on the 'play game' box and you'll see the option in the next page.

sniff said:
Are you standing the console upright ?

If so thats the problem... even though it shows you that on all the adverts, the xbox is designed to be flat.

Mine is on it's side bud

Only solution is to get a ps3. My kids won't even touch the Xbox anymore because it has destroyed games.

Did you buy the games from primark.Lol

Seriously though it may just be due to poor handling of the cds when inserting, removing and storing.

Blueband Brother said:

Seriously though it may just be due to poor handling of the cds when inserting, removing and storing.

That can't be so, I like to keep everything in tip top condition (bit OCD like that), I never touch disk side with the information on it, I never leave them on the side (always in the box) when not using them. I'll just be playing on day then the console makes this horrible scratchy noise then suddenly the disk is unreadable.

Just got to division 3 on my Seasons as well!

I've never been a Sony fan, PS1/2 were shite compared to their competition in my opinion, but the PS3 is by far, head and shoulders above the X360 and Wii it's shocking.

Goo said:
Blueband Brother said:

That can't be so, I like to keep everything in tip top condition (bit OCD like that), I never touch disk side with the information on it, I never leave them on the side (always in the box) when not using them. I'll just be playing on day then the console makes this horrible scratchy noise then suddenly the disk is unreadable.

Just got to division 3 on my Seasons as well!

I've never been a Sony fan, PS1/2 were shite compared to their competition in my opinion, but the PS3 is by far, head and shoulders above the X360 and Wii it's shocking.

I think perhaps, its high time you switch to the ultimate console - PC. You can get your games online from steam, origin, microsoft, from websites eg gamestop, install it and yourein. Also gives you opportunity to play in high end, optimum resolution graphics. The only drawback being the size of the screen.

I do get scratchy noises on my xbox as well but i never thought it may have been causing damage to the actual cd. I thought it was a loading sound, like after you switch on your laptop.
PS3 is good for blue ray and thats about it. Xbox 360 have better online capabilities and other features that makes it better than ps3.

I like sony, my laptop is sony, my phone is sony, but i aint going sony on games anymore( although i have ps1 and ps2 consoles).

PC is what is all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.