XFM

Now 'focussed towards a male audience 25-44'

Which is nice because that's a group that's often overlooked.

In what universe is Chris Moyles, Jonny Vaughan and Vernon Kay considered a line-up worth listening to? In fact hearing any of these, particularly Vaughan, has me reaching for the off button. Is this an elaborate spoof, like the radio version of The Producers and Springtime for Hitler?

Just need to add George Lamb to that list to complete it.

In music radio terms males are actually under-targeted. The biggest commercial music stations are all aimed at women who traditionally control the household budget. Heart, Smooth, Capital all aimed at women.

The BBC gets criticised for 5Live being too male orientated especially now Derbyshire and Fogarty have moved from their day time slots. Talksport and LBC are aimed at men. But music stations tend to be targeted at women.

They've got it badly wrong with Kay though. He's too middle of the road and safe to command any loyalty from this target audience. They've made big play of big personalities but I don't see how he fits in between Moyles and Vaughan.

Radio X will be a massive success but will alienate a lot of people.

What's happening with Clint Boon, Tim Cocker, Producer Jim and Gareth Brooks?

Boon has got a weekend show on Radio X - the others have been binned.

What I actually liked about XFM was that the DJ's generally had an interest in the music they were playing - xposure with John Kennedy and stuff was always good - Moyles, Kay and Vaughan couldn't give a fuck!

I would worry a lot about it

Not sure anyone nicks car stereos anymore so both of you should just take a hammer to yours. Failing that go down the Van Gogh route

Golden rule, if it ever plays Simply Red, Phil Collins or the Lighthouse Family then its not right, and its not ok

I can assure you that my extremely poor taste in music is somewhat legendary amongst my friends.

For example, my current "5 starred/most listened to" auto playlist is playing Self Control by Laura Branigan then will move onto to the Johnny Cash cover of Personal Jesus, Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie, Get Lucky by Daft Punk then All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople. Top tracks recently added include Hey Jealousy by the Gin Blossoms and woman I'm Madonna by Madonna.

I like catchy songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.