Yan Couto | On loan at Girona

Because he's had 6 good months in 2 years?

We know Pep was fed up with him before Project restart, and he praised how he'd gone from sulky and moody to positive, but for me it always felt quite shocking how much Pep slated his attitude before project restart - he'd hated his attitude for nearly a year by then. So he starts the season as starting LB and then in January has his purple patch of form where he knocks Walker out of the side. Looks like it was just a slow start.

Since the Spurs game though, when he started overcomplicating things, he's got worse and worse, gave away really soft goals, lost his RB spot again, probably cost us the FA Cup with a complete shit show against Leeds, forcing Pep to play a B team against Chelsea to secure the league, culminating in Pep blaming him for our poor build up in Dortmund and then hauling him off vs. PSG when he realised Zinchenko is much better and benched for the second leg. The Brighton red card was a bad decision, but it came about because he is completely lost every time the ball goes over his head, and he's gone back to looking moody and sulky on the pitch when things don't go his way.

I don't think he's going to replace Walker ever, and I think Zinchenko is much better at LB and we'll likely buy a LB this summer or next so he'll stop playing LB.

In summer 2022 the club will be looking at 31 year old Walker and asking if they want to keep 28 year old Cancelo as his successor, or buy back or lose Porro (22) who will be one of the most in demand fullbacks on the market or Couto (20).

On top of that Cancelo will have lost his place in the Portugal side when Ricardo Perriera comes back and will have 6 months before Qatar to win it back, which he won't do on the City bench.

I just don't see him staying here long term. Doesn't have enough substance.

We know Pep was fed up with him before Project restart, and he praised how he'd gone from sulky and moody to positive, but for me it always felt quite shocking how much Pep slated his attitude before project restart - he'd hated his attitude for nearly a year by then. So he starts the season as starting LB and then in January has his purple patch of form where he knocks Walker out of the side. Looks like it was just a slow start.

Since the Spurs game though, when he started overcomplicating things, he's got worse and worse, gave away really soft goals, lost his RB spot again, probably cost us the FA Cup with a complete shit show against Leeds, forcing Pep to play a B team against Chelsea to secure the league, culminating in Pep blaming him for our poor build up in Dortmund and then hauling him off vs. PSG when he realised Zinchenko is much better and benched for the second leg. The Brighton red card was a bad decision, but it came about because he is completely lost every time the ball goes over his head, and he's gone back to looking moody and sulky on the pitch when things don't go his way.

I don't think he's going to replace Walker ever, and I think Zinchenko is much better at LB and we'll likely buy a LB this summer or next so he'll stop playing LB.

In summer 2022 the club will be looking at 31 year old Walker and asking if they want to keep 28 year old Cancelo as his successor, or buy back or lose Porro (22) who will be one of the most in demand fullbacks on the market or Couto (20).

On top of that Cancelo will have lost his place in the Portugal side when Ricardo Perriera comes back and will have 6 months before Qatar to win it back, which he won't do on the City bench.

So not a fan then?

Ricardo Perriera? That must be some joke

Girona just drew 0-0 to win 3-0 on aggregate. Likely to face Rayo Vallecano in the final, they also hold a 3-0 first leg lead going into their second leg tomorrow

If Girona get promoted, I think one more season on loan in La Liga would be ideal for him.

That's assuming Cancelo sticks around this summer - I do get the feeling that he doesn't necessarily want to be here.

If Cancelo does want to leave, I think we have enough talent in one of Couto or Porro to not have to dip into the market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.