Yaya Kolo chant stops trafic at 3am in Newcastle

Durham just played it on talksport, thinks its great, Gough cant get his head around it saying ''but it was in Newcastle''

I cringe every time I see this taking off in places other than Manchester. Its an absolute quality chant, one of my favourite chants I've ever heard at city, but I just don't know why people all over the country do it when they have no connections to City? If any other football team had a catchy song that I thought was funny, I still wouldn't start singing it in Coventry (I'm at uni) after a night out. I've even been out at uni before and its started in a big crowd and I just don't join in cause I find it cringey.

I sound like a right boring bastard.

southstander93 said:
I cringe every time I see this taking off in places other than Manchester. Its an absolute quality chant, one of my favourite chants I've ever heard at city, but I just don't know why people all over the country do it when they have no connections to City? If any other football team had a catchy song that I thought was funny, I still wouldn't start singing it in Coventry (I'm at uni) after a night out. I've even been out at uni before and its started in a big crowd and I just don't join in cause I find it cringey.

I sound like a right boring bastard.

Thought I could be miserable. Under normal circumstances I would run from any of these flash mob type events, but this is not planned and is about having fun in the moment as opposed to attention seeking events such as that Harlem shake thing. Plus it's all about us so the more people do it the merrier.

Hopefully it will become a world wide phenomenon and sang in stadiums throughout the World Cup by all fans (the New Mexican wave). Does it have a Facebook page yet?

I think it is great it is spreading and it was us Blues[with a little help from 2 unlimited] that started it.It is popular because it is simple,it sounds good,is a happy tune and even if you are slaughtered you can still sing it.The best ideas are always the simplest.

Original is still the best.

The only other that comes close are the lads on the barge in the Dam doing it as they go down the river

My mate once stopped the traffic in Hereford doing the Cossack dance and singing the old Cossack song....
Georgi,
Georgi Kinkladze.
Georgi Kinkladze
Georgi Kinkla-ad-ze, heh.

Brought the house down..... Even the Rags were in awe.

Anyone fancy doing a semi-flash mob of this for the shits and giggles in London this weekend?

I'm thinking pre-match, somewhere like a train station?

Reckon it would be fookin brilliant, a Blue walking up in the middle of a public space at a pre-determined time and just start this off and others jumping in....

Another one from Newcastle in March. This is a proper mental one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3V05bsD1DA[/youtube]

Another [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092LN3nDrYQ[/youtube]

Is this one group going round Newcastle or is it just really popular??

More Ibiza

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiucBdasRM0[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.