Yaya off early to Africa..

WNRH said:
A meeting FFS. Could they not postpone the meeting for 24 hours?
According to David Platt on Radio Manchester after the Stoke game it is NOT a meeting. He said something along the lines of they are 'meeting up for their flight, so they can all fly together as a team'.

I was under the impression that they had been given permission to be here for the FA Cup match and our 3 were to fly out straight after the match but the Ivory Coast manager vetoed that. Is he a friend of baconface's as well???

nehe11 said:
Yaya´s form has been up and down this season, that being said we´ll certainly miss him when he´s away. I´ve alot of confidence in Milner and i´m sure he´ll step up in Yaya´s absence.

He is so damned good though mate that even on an off-day he is fantastic. I think we have been spoiled that's all.

Just look at how many pass completions he makes and how few times he gives the ball away. Absolutely stunning player and ANY team would miss him and I include Barca.

EDIT: (After Tuesday's performance though, I would say his long range shooting has room for improvement!)

whp.blue said:
I for one hope that City never sign another African player!

loosing players mid season especially ones who we have no replacemants for is totally unacceptable

If a City manager ever asks the club to buy an African player senior management or the owner himself should bloke the move and find a non african instead

the acon will cost City any chance of winning the league and therefore by default no matter how good Yaya may be he as an african is not worth having at the club
imho

So in effect you're saying that we'd be better off without Yaya and should have signed someone who wasn't African? Surely we're better having him and just dealing with him going to the ACON than not having him at all. It's frustrating but I still wouldn't swap him for many players in the world.

Isn't this the last time it will be a problem as they are moving it to become an 'out-of-season' competition like the WC and Euros - i.e. in the summer season break?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The worst thing about Yaya is he actually plays for one of the good African teams so I expect he will be all the way to the final again

I agree so let’s hope he wins it this year and he might even consider hanging his boots up with the Ivory coast

whp.blue said:
I for one hope that City never sign another African player!

loosing players mid season especially ones who we have no replacemants for is totally unacceptable

If a City manager ever asks the club to buy an African player senior management or the owner himself should bloke the move and find a non african instead

the acon will cost City any chance of winning the league and therefore by default no matter how good Yaya may be he as an african is not worth having at the club
imho

You do know this is the last MID season ACON? Hence why its been two years running

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.