Yaya the manager?

Strange one, I wouldn't have thought he was management material. I could see it in Kompany and Fernandinho but never Yaya.

In my mind, the skilful players don't tend to make good managers. I think it's partly because they can't understand why everyone can't trap the ball and ping a 40 yard assist. I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but the ones who've been great over the years do tend to be clogger-types.

I bet he would hate to manage himself!

Strange one, I wouldn't have thought he was management material. I could see it in Kompany and Fernandinho but never Yaya.

In my mind, the skilful players don't tend to make good managers. I think it's partly because they can't understand why everyone can't trap the ball and ping a 40 yard assist. I know there are always exceptions to the rule, but the ones who've been great over the years do tend to be clogger-types.

I bet he would hate to manage himself!
Thierry Henry's players at Monaco spoke of how he couldn't understand why they couldn't emulate him as a player, or that a lot of them would never be that type of footballer. So it's an interesting point. Not to say that all silky players would fall in that trap. Pep was rather silky.

Good luck to Yaya, he has the potential and I hope he fulfils it. Knowledge is there, as has been mentioned people-skills will be the main test for him. But if Joey Barton can get a crack of the whip, I don't see why Yaya can't

I read Craig Bellamy’s autobiography for his time with City and Wales. He said Zola was absolutely ruining players at West Ham on the training pitch. That’s never positive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.