Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Merc they said. Overpriced at 24 mil they said. Be gone in 3 years for a bigger club they said.

Still here. We got everything the lad had to offer.

He came up trumps time and time again.

The only thing I was sad to see was once his legs went we couldn't try him at CB, I thought he'd be immense there.

He'll be fondly missed and rightly so.

This is one thing we have never agreed on.

Haha. As I typed the post I thought of you, OB1 !

You know my opinion and I know yours. For me he was a player with world class attributes coupled with a major Achilles heel. But there's no doubt he got some massive goals and was hugely influential domestically for the years 2011-2014.

Astonishing footballer, and should be given a brilliant send off. City legend in my eyes.

Absolutely one of the best players in our history.
Scored some never to be forgotten goals, such as the winner v the rags semi final, Stoke in the final, barcodes away 2012,Villa 2014.
The guys a legend and deserves a great send off..
Yeah his agent was/is a dick but it doesn't take away from what Yaya did for us.
He always put the fear of God into the rags.
Yaya is and should be remembered for being one of our greatest ever players.
Definitely will miss the big man.

Haha. As I typed the post I thought of you, OB1 !

You know my opinion and I know yours. For me he was a player with world class attributes coupled with a major Achilles heel. But there's no doubt he got some massive goals and was hugely influential domestically for the years 2011-2014.

Yup we do know each other's stance and I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I literally just posted this in another thread:

" Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get access to extended assist stats without being an Opta user. I have got a copy of an article about the season Chelsea last won league under Maureen (14/15?) which was all about the limitations of the flat assists figure. In that particular season, Hazard was way out front on extended assists (last five touches before a goal). Yaya was actually second (despite the world and DD saying he did little that season) and Merlin was fourth."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.