Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye and thank you very much. He's been quite outstanding at times and I'll always treasure his contribution.

But, are we really advocating extending his contract after a cameo against a well beaten team.

Yaya's time here is up and I wish him well. He's not getting another season with this side.
Yes, agree with this. For me there was just a beautiful symmetry with YaYa showing a few glimpses of what he has got and done for us over the years and young Foden ready to take his place with his exquisite ball control and balance.
Hope both are involved v Brighton so we can say thanks for everything and welcome to Phil as part of the new generation of brilliance.
At the risk of sounding like a pseud, there is a deep football symbolism seeing Toure drive through the heart of the Rags defence scoring at Wembley - Vidic on his arse and Ferdinand nowhere. City have driven through their “invincibility” with that goal, then the piledriver to win the cup and then Bobby Manc smashed the door wide open with the 6-1 and we know what has happened since.

Great cameo yesterday and that pass was superb for Jesus goal. Legs have gone but
Yaya can still play.

Wouldn't be against putting him on the coaching staff if he fancies it.
If its his say, and only his (ie not agent) he'll go to New York for a couple of seasons, do his coaching badges, and return to coach the youngsters. I think SM is/was a big fan of Yaya, and is the reason he is still here, so I think there will be something arranged to keep him part of CFG.

Excellent yesterday, and so fitting that he and Foden (past/future) came on together, that was clever from Pep for me.

Wouldn't be against putting him on the coaching staff if he fancies it. The younger players really seem to look up to him, and if we've got people like Arteta giving Sterling finishing lessons, Yaya could definitely disperse some of his knowledge.
Perhaps. Still question marks over his attitude, not sure how comfortable City would be putting him a position of somewhat power. Does seem great with the younger guys though.

2yxf3ie.jpg

What a season that was.

Should be captain against Brighton , lets make it a Yaya appreciation night , his contribution to our resurgence cannot be underestimated on the field , and he deserves a big night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.