Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

tolmie's hairdoo said:
This is seriously not about money.

It's about believing the grass is a little greener elsewhere, nothing more.

He's been tapped up.

Toure is at the absolute top in terms of pay grade, outside the ranks of Messi, Ibra and Ronaldo.

And those likening to Rooney's stand-off in successfully procuring a rise...

He held all the cards as he let his contract run down towards its final year.

He had them over a barrel.

This is very different.

Agreed Tolmie he has been tapped up and he fancies a new challenge,probably at a club who he thinks can win the champions league before us.He has won everything else here so feels it is time to move on.

paulchapo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He's been tapped up.

Toure is at the absolute top in terms of pay grade, outside the ranks of Messi, Ibra and Ronaldo.

This is very different.

Agreed Tolmie he has been tapped up and he fancies a new challenge,probably at a club who he thinks can win the champions league before us.He has won everything else here so feels it is time to move on.
No he's keeping his options open, that's why it's the agent who does the dirty work. If nothing is forthcoming he just settles down and blames the agent, misunderstanding etc. Yaya will stay.

TCIB said:
OllyT1950 said:
One of the adjustments we need to make now we are a top club is that we are mainly going to attract mercenaries. Toure is the epitome of a mercenary, doesn't give a FF about the fans or the club. All he is concerned about is his own greed and ego. He won't give Manchester City a second thought when he goes. The club was just a vehicle to advance his own career, hence all the petulant comments about him not getting player of the year because he is African. IMO he was far more interested in winning Player of the Year for himself (to get a bigger pay day) than he was about City winning the PL.

Recent history has taught me to focus my support on the club, I just see the players as the people who bring us success. They use us we use them. Most of the badge-kissing stuff is for the TV. There is still the odd exception but anyone who believes any of them really give a shit about the club are destined to be disappointed. That is the modern game I'm afraid.

Complete rubbish about mercenaries.
We DID attract mercenaries but now we are established.
Almost sound like troll tbh.

More fucking Raggish mate.No true Blue believes that shit nowadays ref mercenaries and long gone are the days of even the media spouting that shite.Keep your eye on this one Guy.

karen7 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He's been tapped up.

This is very different.

How do you see this saga ending?

Feck knows!

Toure has given himself an out by allowing the agent to do his bidding, so there is always a way back and a little public revisionism to salve the situation.

I don't believe, however, that City will look a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

If we can establish the true facts, and an acceptable fee is forthcoming, think we will reluctantly do business.

But certainly not something we planned.

Sure it will also depend on establishing a replacement.

I agree with those who believe this is all about his desire to win the champions league.
I think we were in for Messi and I believe he thought if we signed him we would win the competition in the next couple of years. Being realistic you wouldn't sign that sort of player to only win domestic comps.
However we accepted FFP restrictions and suddenly we're playing the long game and hoping to improve year on year (holistically may be the best description!!!).
Yaya has his dreams shattered but he wants to win the Big One and be the star of the team that wins it, not a squad player like he was at Barca.
He believes that PSG offer him the best opportunity. Well they do cos Barca and the rest wont pay the big dollars!

cant fault what toure did for us last season , probably our most effective performer , but in the last month , he has allegedly commented he wants to play for barca and now PSG , he is a world class player , but he wants to play for another club , then thats fine with me , sick and tired of hearing this shit from him and his agent. He has burnt his bridges with a set of supporters who have worshipped him , perhaps he should just shut his fucking big mouth , keep on pocketing the £1m a month he collects from our club , and get on with his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.