Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

This is quite disappointing. Big Yaya fan but I'm more embarrassed for him by this whole ordeal. He and his agent have gone all this the wrong way. If their intention is to leave or get pay raise, there are much better ways of going about this. Not only have they ruined his public image, but IMO it is not effective. All this is seen as a joke, and Man City has the upper hand in this mess. He could have easily leaked in press his intention to move on and aim for new challenge (family not settling in, etc), have great world cup + have teams bid, and leverage that to either get raise or secure a move. Instead he has gone with tactic that is horribly planned and executed, and is counter productive to whatever his aims were.

Some of the posts here are very naive. This is big business. None of these players at top clubs have any loyalty beyond their paycheck. Sure some are more fan friendly, but at end of day everyone is looking out for their own interests. And this is the way it should be. I don't hold it against Yaya if he wants to secure more lucrative contract somewhere else. If he is able to get more money or years from the club or somewhere else, good for him. Only issue I have is the amateurish tactics that reflect badly on him, whether it was his idea or those around him.

jpargo said:
This is quite disappointing. Big Yaya fan but I'm more embarrassed for him by this whole ordeal. He and his agent have gone all this the wrong way. If their intention is to leave or get pay raise, there are much better ways of going about this. Not only have they ruined his public image, but IMO it is not effective. All this is seen as a joke, and Man City has the upper hand in this mess. He could have easily leaked in press his intention to move on and aim for new challenge (family not settling in, etc), have great world cup + have teams bid, and leverage that to either get raise or secure a move. Instead he has gone with tactic that is horribly planned and executed, and is counter productive to whatever his aims were.

Some of the posts here are very naive. This is big business. None of these players at top clubs have any loyalty beyond their paycheck. Sure some are more fan friendly, but at end of day everyone is looking out for their own interests. And this is the way it should be. I don't hold it against Yaya if he wants to secure more lucrative contract somewhere else. If he is able to get more money or years from the club or somewhere else, good for him. Only issue I have is the amateurish tactics that reflect badly on him, whether it was his idea or those around him.
Myself and others have called him a ****, but we mostly see it the way you do. I have no qualms about him wanting him to feather his nest to the max, but he's gone about it the wrong way to say the least. We should be basking in the glory and we just voted him best player by a mile. He should've made up something as you say, but to say he'll make a statement after the WC, well he can get to fuck.

Anybody noticed that yaya's tweets about the matter have now been deleted? At least it has when I look.

Think this has been blown out of proportion by the media and the football community, specially ourselves judging by this thread. Also, people calling toure a mercenary, look back at some of Gary Cook's previous interview(s) where he talks about Yaya being one of the first players who genuinely joined the club to make it successful. Whether he receives a high wage or not, he performs well constantly for us and has contributed signicantly to the success of this club over the last 4 years. I'd suggest ignoring the paper talk and judge the situation when it has been explained in full by toure, after the World Cup. Until then this debate is useless.

Sloppyjoshua said:
Anybody noticed that yaya's tweets about the matter have now been deleted? At least it has when I look.

Think this has been blown out of proportion by the media and the football community, specially ourselves judging by this thread. Also, people calling toure a mercenary, look back at some of Gary Cook's previous interview(s) where he talks about Yaya being one of the first players who genuinely joined the club to make it successful. Whether he receives a high wage or not, he performs well constantly for us and has contributed signicantly to the success of this club over the last 4 years. I'd suggest ignoring the paper talk and judge the situation when it has been explained in full by toure, after the World Cup. Until then this debate is useless.

After the world cup? Sod that.

Yaya do you to want fuck off or not. Tell us now so we can get a replacement in sharpish.

mcmanus said:
Sloppyjoshua said:

Yaya do you to want fuck off or not. Tell us now so we can get a replacement in sharpish.

I'm not sure what Garry Cock has got to do with matters although I'll give you he was around when we brought Yaya in, but I've come to the conclusion (today) that there's a little more to things than meets the eye with Cakegate.. all is not what it seems, and it's not simply Selfsuck & Yaya.

* and by the above, I don't claim to know what's going to happen, but I do know there have been external shit-stirrers muddying the waters.

mcmanus said:
Sloppyjoshua said:

When you dig yourself into a hole.....stop digging. In my view he's made a massive mess of all this, but doing the right thing by keeping 'shtum' and letting things die down.

BlueSiam said:
mcmanus said:
Sloppyjoshua said:

When you dig yourself into a hole.....stop digging. In my view he's made a massive mess of all this, but doing the right thing by keeping 'shtum' and letting things die down.

my adjusted view on things is that in certain ways this has taken on a life of its own, and it's not as cut & dried as it might look at first sight.

MCFCinUSA said:
my adjusted view on things is that in certain ways this has taken on a life of its own, and it's not as cut & dried as it might look at first sight.

Perhaps not,however,to suggest we,as a club,will have to wait until the middle of July,at the earliest...... in order for him to do us the honour of explaining his situation,his motives and his future,is both insulting and ungrateful and paints the man in a very poor light.

We deserve far better from a player we have,on numerous occasion,honoured with the capataincy and we could not have treated any better.

He is showing us a complete lack of respect and acting without class.Irrespective of his next actions,he has permanently damaged his legacy and he will never be held in the same esteem.

I hope he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.