Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

I tend to agree with some points made about African players by Kippaxcitizen. When we signed acquired David Sommeil he signed his contract on the afternoon before the infamous Arsenal evening match where we were 4-0 down at home after about 15 minutes. He was in a suite supposedly to watch his new team mates. He hardly watched the game but made sure he got his three course meal down his gregory before fucking off with his agent.

Not saying it applies to all African players but some do (like Yaya at times) have a reputation for laziness and greed. A lot of them off course do brilliant charity work for those less fortunate in their homeland's but sometimes it takes someone like Craig Bellamy or the Sierra Leone lads (and lasses) on here to take charitable initiatives whilst some of the Africans made very rich from European football do absolutely fuck all to help.

Think it's time for Yaya to make a statement and clarify what he wants, if he wants to go then off he pops for minimum £30m. If we don't get any takers (and surely we won't sell to another English Club) and he has to stay you can bet your last tenner on him doing one for the ACON in January. If he does sign for another club he will definitely announce his International retirement as that will be in any contract he signs (and I guess he will make more money because that seems to be his aim at the moment).

Fuck me Yaya is trending on Twitter with giddy Liverpool fans really thinking we are going to sell him to them. If he is going he is not going to another English club and especially not them.

RandomJ said:
Fuck me Yaya is trending on Twitter with giddy Liverpool fans really thinking we are going to sell him to them. If he is going he is not going to another English club and especially not them.

Are you saying that there may be some deluded scousers out there? The most knowledgeable fans in the world, deluded? Surely not.

My world has just been rocked

KippaxCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:
MillionDollarDream said:
The bolded is a damn shame.

No the bolded is racist and totally unnecessary.
It's not racist at all!

For a starter, "African" isn't a race. Africa isn't a racial group, it is a continent full of hundreds of different races of people of all colours, probably the most diverse continent there is. Therefore to be African doesn't make you one race.

And although it is a sweeping generalisation, look at recent history of Essou-Ekoto (said he didn't really like playing football, just liked getting paid), Eto'o (going off to that joke of a team in South Russia, just for a pay day), Gyan (fucking Sunderland and the Prem off to go and get a pay day in Saudi Arabia or whtever joke of a league he's playing in and getting paid as much as top Prem players), the whole Nigeria squad (refusing to train unless they were paid appearance money), Cameroon team (wouldn't board a plane to Morocco for a game because they hadn't been paid bonus money)....these things are just off the top of my head.

Now these things do not make all African players the same, but there has been a large number of examples like this...but there have also been a large number of examples of individuals from all over the world doing things like this, not just Africans.

But still, "African" is not a race.

suggestion that Yaya Toure is displaying unprecedented levels of greed looks strange when you compare Toure's conduct to that of virtually every other footballer on the planet. Wayne Rooney, definitely not African but playing for a disappointing team regardless, has handed in two transfer requests that were retracted when he was rewarded with massive contracts; he's currently making £300,000 per week as the result of his machinations. Cristiano Ronaldo, definitely not African but playing for a disappointing team regardless, went through months of pouting in the 2012/13 season, only rediscovering his joy for football after becoming the highest-paid player in the world. Painting greed and selfishness as somehow specific to Yaya Toure is absurd

Larson writes about the Cameroonians refusing to board their plane to Brazil for the tournament until they received their bonuses first, painting them as greedy and selfish, neglecting the Cameroon Football Association's long history of failing to pay their players, most of whom are not receiving anything like their European or South American counterparts at club level. Cameroon's players are an easy target for unsubtle minds.

Beckham leaves Europe for big pay days in the US
Our very own Vladimir Weiss fucked off Olympiacos to take a huge check in the Qatari league
Rumors Xavi was leaving to go grab one last big pay day in... Qatari league
I'm sure I can cone up with many more examples as well

Yet there aren't these sweeping generalizations about Europeans and greed like it's seemingly placed on Africans.

Mister Appointment said:
MillionDollarDream said:
supercity88 said:
I think Yaya is perfectly happy at City. Like all African players, it seems, he is greedy and wants more and more appreciation. He has had a traumatic time with his brother in recent weeks and so I don't blame him for keeping quiet. I doubt football is at the top of his agenda. What I would say is that this season we could cash in on him and find a quality replacement. I think Yaya is good but attitude is the only reason he is not up there with Ronaldo and Messi. The way he can single handedly win a game and create chances/score goals is incredible. But he doesn't do it consistently and that is due to laziness and poor attitude in my opinion. He is a big game player though and so whether he stays or goes I will be happy, depending who we bring in.

The bolded is a damn shame.

No the bolded is racist and totally unnecessary.

It's racist? Why? If he was to have generalised Americans/Europeans/Asians/Australasians would that too be racist? or in your eyes does just generalising that particular continent make it racist?

There are of course exceptions but to me a dispropotionate number of West African players get involved in disputes with clubs which leads to swift departures.
Personally I think that manipulative agents are normally the cause.

We are coming up to 800 pages and yet after the majority of fans calling him nay. abusing him. as far as I am aware ,there is no defining statement from the player himself that he wants to leave, infact after cake gate he was quoted as saying that despite his apparent disappointment ,he will show his commitment next season While I agree this whole episode has been a poor showing which has been rightly attributed to player and agent The club should have contacted the player weeks ago and thrash it out. yet it continues to fester leaving this long should not have been an option open to Toure quite frankly the fact that the clubs greatest asset (the fans) have to wait till he decides to sit down and tell us is imo a disgrace

The world cup kind of got in the way,he said he would make a statement after it.Obviously his brother tragically passed away as well during this period so he probably is in need of a good rest and holiday to clear his mind,one can't blame him for that.

Any stick fans are giving him is because he is a popular world class player we don't want to leave, coming out with all sorts of rubbish[allegedly] and damaging the club's reputation in the process.As the guy earns close on to a million pounds a month and it seems to be money driven this will also get up people's noses.

These players can't have it all,sign huge lucrative contracts and be hero worshipped then a year later throw their toys out of the pram to engineer a move for more money or to hold a club to ransom.Hopefully the club will take a firm stand and if he goes he only goes in a move that benefits us.

aguerooooo said:
We are coming up to 800 pages and yet after the majority of fans calling him nay. abusing him. as far as I am aware ,there is no defining statement from the player himself that he wants to leave, infact after cake gate he was quoted as saying that despite his apparent disappointment ,he will show his commitment next season While I agree this whole episode has been a poor showing which has been rightly attributed to player and agent The club should have contacted the player weeks ago and thrash it out. yet it continues to fester leaving this long should not have been an option open to Toure quite frankly the fact that the clubs greatest asset (the fans) have to wait till he decides to sit down and tell us is imo a disgrace
Nor that he wants to stay. It'd be very easy for him to nip this in the bud. He has chosen, as of now, not to. That's his choice, his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.