Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly convinced that we will buy Tielemans to be YaYa's successor but will loan him out if YaYa stays for another season.

Thought that too.
It's a no brainer to offer the year extension. I'd let Fernando go, keep Delph for now and with Gundogan hopefully fit for the season then leave central midfield whilst we address more urgent areas of the pitch.

Agree with your sentiments regarding Yaya but for me we still need another CM! Fabinho would be perfect!
A pool of 5 (Yaya, Fabinho, Gundogen, silva and debruyne) is perfect! Delph isn't good enough unfortunately and we've spent the past few years putting up with second best

Why do people think you can "get rid" of players. When they have a contract they will stay unless they get an equivalent deal elsewhere. They are not working for a bus company you know.

Because if the manager lets them know that they aren't part of his plans, they are likely to seek to move on elsewhere (if there are any takers). I just can't see a role for Delph in the squad for next season with new players expected to come in plus Fernandinho, Gundogan and possibly another year for Toure. Not that it really matters as he's never fit anyway.

Agree with your sentiments regarding Yaya but for me we still need another CM! Fabinho would be perfect!
A pool of 5 (Yaya, Fabinho, Gundogen, silva and debruyne) is perfect! Delph isn't good enough unfortunately and we've spent the past few years putting up with second best

Don't forget Fernandinho too.

I hope so. There's still no other midfielder that can play the way he does. And he's so hard to get the ball off.

He can still have a huge impact on games next season; just look at how good Pirlo and Lampard still were when older than Yaya.

Because if the manager lets them know that they aren't part of his plans, they are likely to seek to move on elsewhere (if there are any takers). I just can't see a role for Delph in the squad for next season with new players expected to come in plus Fernandinho, Gundogan and possibly another year for Toure. Not that it really matters as he's never fit anyway.

Two words. Danny Mills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.