Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post on this subject.

It is not all about what yaya has given us in the past, cups and titles. But what he cannot give us in the future, champions league and the world championships.
We are close but inventing a new position i.e. pendulum or pivot is not
the answer. Keep him as a keep ball ok, but away against good teams, no it will not work.
Yaya in a back 3. Get real.

Personally i think it's really important he stays for next season. People get obsessive over age, but it doesn't really matter, what matters is the performance and Yaya's is still high enough to be one of our most important players. Especially so against teams who try and press us high, he's the best we have at breaking that press, almost impossible to get the ball off, his touch is spot on and his passing precise.

The lack of mobility should be even less of an issue next season with us bringing in so many young and hungry players to replace the ageing fringe guys.

The experience of Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho is crucial to bringing in the next generation.

True. One can't dismiss an old lion even if he can't run as fast as he once could. If he still retains the skill, composure and mastery in games that is effective for younger pups to do his running for him, he is well worth another contract.

Does anyone think he might reject the offer? I personally can't see Yaya taking a hefty wage cut even after his comments about wanting to stay at the club and playing at the highest level ect..

Does anyone think he might reject the offer? I personally can't see Yaya taking a hefty wage cut even after his comments about wanting to stay at the club and playing at the highest level ect..
Yes because of what he potentially could win
I'm sure that if he stays and we do incredibly well next season, a brown envelope would be passed to Yaya

Yes because of what he potentially could win
I'm sure that if he stays and we do incredibly well next season, a brown envelope would be passed to Yaya

Definitely, his basic salary may drop but the bonuses if we're successful would be huge and more than make up for the drop.

Yaya in a back 3? Lets stick Spanish Dave in nets and Vinny on the left wing while you're at it.

yaya been playing just of the 2 centre backs and even sitting in when kompany bursts forward so it not a daft idea and played most of his time at barca there

pep's movement in the back line is what most could not understand or play and we can see it with the players leaving this summer. its a unit and you have to understand how it works and cover each other and youth and speed play a big part in getting back the shape and sadly last season the fullbacks at the club was on its last legs so pep changed it to have yaya come back and just sit of the back 4 a simple plan to let the fullbacks move up a the centre back move over

simple football is sometimes what you don't see and movement of the defence is one of them and yes the ball is key but movement is king. at the start of last season i spent more time watching the movement of the fullbacks and the back 4 than the ball i was watching something new to english football. and city looked a million dollars team to beat but then the legs went from the older fullbacks they just could not keep pace with the work of up and down

so like i said yaya was used to spread the 2 centre backs and that worked better for pep but next season pep will have all the media and tv panels watering from the mouth. the fullbacks will have legs and youth on there side that role yaya played will be gone and a young and fresh player will be used to push forward and not sit

sorry for the run down but i was making you understand what i was saying and yaya can still have a part to play but i dont see the role in the middle of the park but in a 3 with the new fullbacks bombing on and city will be like lightning going forward and if you think the start of the season last years was a joy then the new season will blow you away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.