Yaya Toure to Milan?

To give a free would cost us 10 million, we would have to pay up his contract.....no way will City allow that.

I've understood it as: The player has the opportunity to buy himself out of the contract if there's one year or less remaining.

Giving a free would be like: "We(Yaya and Seluk) pay nothing, you(City) pay nothing, and the contract is voided.

To give a free would cost us 10 million, we would have to pay up his contract.....no way will City allow that.
Why doesn't he buy himself out if he really wants to go! I just worry that if he wants to go him and his badtard agent will cause distractions and risk toxicity in the dressing room.

I've understood it as: The player has the opportunity to buy himself out of the contract if there's one year or less remaining.

Giving a free would be like: "We(Yaya and Seluk) pay nothing, you(City) pay nothing, and the contract is voided.
Yaya wants a pay off, hence the poker game

What about Yaya led you to that conclusion?

I think it's pretty obvious that brinksmanship is taking place. Pep's high tempo style doesn't suit Yaya, city won't want to pay his wage for a reserve and yaya won't want to spend a year kicking his heels.

Who will blink first and take the financial hit?

I think it's pretty obvious that brinksmanship is taking place. Pep's high tempo style doesn't suit Yaya, city won't want to pay his wage for a reserve and yaya won't want to spend a year kicking his heels.

Who will blink first and take the financial hit?
Fascinating isn't it!

I hope the club play hard with him. Yaya spending a year kicking his heals will see him lose his conditioning and struggle to get in at another relevant club.

As much as I recognize what the guy has given us, it was always a reciprocal agreement. We gave him a lot in return.

Fascinating isn't it!

I hope the club play hard with him. Yaya spending a year kicking his heals will see him lose his conditioning and struggle to get in at another relevant club.

As much as I recognize what the guy has given us, it was always a reciprocal agreement. We gave him a lot in return.

To be fair, the club will be able to predict this when they give aging players long term contracts. They are ensuring they keep the player by guaranteeing a top salary into the his declining years. We will be heading into this territory with a few others, eg fernandinho, silva. It's why wenger used to have a 1 year contract rule for 30+ players.

To be fair, the club will be able to predict this when they give aging players long term contracts. They are ensuring they keep the player by guaranteeing a top salary into the his declining years. We will be heading into this territory with a few others, eg fernandinho, silva. It's why wenger used to have a 1 year contract rule for 30+ players.

Yes, both parties get what they feel is their best interest being accommodated. Shame that Yaya wants everything his own way.

It needs the club to send a message to other players agitating for a move and wanting to hold the club over a barrel. There is a happy respectful balance in there somewhere but Yaya wants it all (alledgedly) ;)

Can't see the other players you mentioned acting in this manner though when they get to near the end of their contracts.

For me it depends on if we have someone we want to bring in. If hypothetically we were after Thiago but only if we could move Yaya then I think we do what we need to do to move him. If that is offering him a free then I think we should do it. The benefit of getting these types of personalities (Nasri Yaya) etc... out of the club is worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.