Yaya Toure Yesterday

He looked the part yesterday. Maybe after what Kolo said in the papers about some players not deserving there wages hit Yaya hard. As since then Yaya has been a changed man and hopefully there is still more to come from him. Maybe could do with loosing a bit of weight. The real acid test will be all the games coming up how he will handle those games is going to be key for us.

sniff said:
he had a good game yeah.... still miles behind kompany or Silva for MOM yesterday

Agreed. Kompany has been brilliant for as long as I can remember and Silva has settled down very quickly.

Yaya had an indifferent start but he is beginning to make a nuisance of himself to the opposition. I'd hate to try and get the ball off him as he's charging forwards with it.

Was a step up from previous performances yesterday, I still want more effort in him getting back though, say what you want of him going forward but for a midfielder he was further up than Tevez and Balo at times getting back. Milner would get in the team ahead of Yaya in my books, he's willing to work his balls of for City, his fitness is incredible. Just my opinion though but yes, Yaya was great yesterday. Kompany was what stopped that game from being 1-1 and even helped in almost making 2-0, he's my MOM and heading for another player of the month award me thinks

GerBlueBear said:
Was a step up from previous performances yesterday, I still want more effort in him getting back though, say what you want of him going forward but for a midfielder he was further up than Tevez and Balo at times getting back. Milner would get in the team ahead of Yaya in my books, he's willing to work his balls of for City, his fitness is incredible. Just my opinion though but yes, Yaya was great yesterday. Kompany was what stopped that game from being 1-1 and even helped in almost making 2-0, he's my MOM and heading for another player of the month award me thinks
I can't agree with this - Yaya ahead of Milner every time for me.

GerBlueBear said:

LOL!

BlueGun said:
GerBlueBear said:

LOL!

I aint saying milners a bad player cause i personally think hes a cracking player to have in ur squad,but you are on the wind up,,,,,right?

I wouldn't have given him MotM but I agree he had his best game for us yesterday. Still Had a couple ahead of him for best performance. But I've also got to say he look f***ed towards the end and I would have replaced him with Milner once we'd gone down to 10 men just to make sure we got behind the ball. When Yaya chased that ball down in the corner around 75-80 mins he was blowing for about 5 mins after. Not having a go at him, I like him and pleased we got him but just wonder if there is still more to come if he shed a bit or gets even further to grips with pace of the Prem.

BlueGun said:
GerBlueBear said:

LOL!

It doesn't have to be either or. We have four quality midfielders and three spots to fill each game. Rotate one of Milner, YaYa, Barry, and De Jong off for a rest each game. Plenty of playing time for all and everyone stays rested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.