Yaya....world class attacking midfielder....

forevermancity

average defensive midfielder.

Why play him in the defensive role, I dont get it. can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Robbo. said:
forevermancity said:

Why play him in the defensive role, I dont get it. can anyone shed some light on this for me?

average defensive midfielder???

wow!

when you look at the games he has played for us in that position,...he has been average

he then gets moved up and is world class

if you think he is anything but average in the defensive role...then wow...open your eyes

forevermancity said:
Robbo. said:
forevermancity said:

wow!

when you look at the games he has played for us in that position,...he has been average

if you think he is anything but average in the defensive role...then wow...open your eyes

Did you ever watch him playing for Barca in that role?

He would catch any side in a defensive role in the premiership

forevermancity said:

I think it depends on whether you consider him as having to be a 'defensive' midfielder if he plays in a two-man central midfield. For the majority of last season he played with Barry in there, with Silva and Nasri (or Milner) wider, and then two up-front, and he wasn't particularly defensive. And he was, of course, class, and I thought we played a lot of our very best football playing that way.

More a question I think of whether, against the top sides (and probably especially in Europe), we can afford to play him in there as a two, given his defensive limitations - and the fact that if he has to be more defensive, we lose his attacking attributes. But then that system did work countless times last season against top sides (domestically), home and away, and I always think we look a bit toothless with only one up front. No doubt RM plays him there to get an extra attacking player in the team. Bit of a conundrum, really.

Robbo. said:
forevermancity said:
Robbo. said:

wow!

aah so we are going back to the barca era to quote him as an outstanding DM. For the prem and top level champs league...he shouldnt be played in DM role. He hasnt had a top game in a city shirt in that role since he arrived.

he is devestating up top....guess you and mancini are seeing something different to most

forevermancity said:
Robbo. said:
forevermancity said:

aah so we are going back to the barca era to quote him as an outstanding DM. For the prem and top level champs league...he shouldnt be played in DM role. He hasnt had a top game in a city shirt in that role since he arrived.

he is devestating up top....guess you and mancini are seeing something different to most

Im proud of the fact you think, i think like Mancini..thanks

and yes he is devastating up top, so me and Mancini agree with you there

Barca flood the midfield, so Yaya's job was easy. City don't, so yaya can't do the job asked of him defensively.

He is average at best in a defensive role but good at passing from deep, when we have a midfield, which we didn't against the Germans.

But he is far better going forward.

Thought he looked very tired last night, even though he didn't have the Euro's to contend with in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.