Yesterdays 2nd half showed how we SHOULD be playing!

Bojinov The Bull

First half it was the usual 1000 passes, keep possession, build up painfully slowly and manage to not get a shot off most times, this season teams have realised how we play and they are pushing up their midfields to tackle/intercept the many balls played between our defence and midfield especially in the champions league.

In the second half we attacked quickly, it was 2 passes to get from the edge of our penalty area to the edge of theirs, runs by Toure, Clichy, Zabba etc...carrying the balls about 60 or 70 metres at a time, bypassing their midfield completely and then actually taking shots! I did a thread last week called "shoot, for the love of god shoot!" and look what happens if you do, for the first goal tevez hit it first time and the keeper spilled it resulting in the goal, the second one zabba was in the EXACT position i said scholes always scored for united from and scored a goal just by hitting it first time!

Im not saying we shouldnt play the possession game at all but we should only do that when we are 1-0 or 2-0 up, not for the first half as we have done so many times this season, we really need to use the fantastic ability our players have and then try and play the game out once we have a it won.

How often do we get a throw-in level with the oppo penalty area just to end up working the ball back to our CDs or even Hart on occasions? This happens far too often in my opinion.
Retaining possession at the cost of territory may be ok if you are in front and seeing the game out but we seem to do this irrespective of the score.
It drives me insane as it takes the pressure of the other team and ends up with the move having to start from deep again, often with us losing possession.
I agree in the second half we upped the tempo and carried the sort of threat we can.
Would be good to see that positive attitude more often.

Bojinov The Bull said:
First half it was the usual 1000 passes, keep possession, build up painfully slowly and manage to not get a shot off most times, this season teams have realised how we play and they are pushing up their midfields to tackle/intercept the many balls played between our defence and midfield especially in the champions league.

In the second half we attacked quickly, it was 2 passes to get from the edge of our penalty area to the edge of theirs, runs by Toure, Clichy, Zabba etc...carrying the balls about 60 or 70 metres at a time, bypassing their midfield completely and then actually taking shots! I did a thread last week called "shoot, for the love of god shoot!" and look what happens if you do, for the first goal tevez hit it first time and the keeper spilled it resulting in the goal, the second one zabba was in the EXACT position i said scholes always scored for united from and scored a goal just by hitting it first time!

Im not saying we shouldnt play the possession game at all but we should only do that when we are 1-0 or 2-0 up, not for the first half as we have done so many times this season, we really need to use the fantastic ability our players have and then try and play the game out once we have a it won.

couldn't agree more

much more entertaining to watch too

Imagine that intensity from City in any first half. We were really going for it from 60th minute.

But probably we did not have that intensity or desire in any first 45 minutes we played this season.

We should concede two goals in first 10 minutes and then maybe we would have 80 minutes of playing like this. What a bad idea yeah I know but still we should work harder before HT.

Also read it here on Bluemoon from someone that opponent defenders want City attacker to run at them with pace is the last thing they want. They clearly would prefer our slower tippy-tappy style every time.

If we played with the intensity of yesterday 2nd half all season some of those draws would have been wins!

Too cautious by far this season

It isn't the first time this season or in fact in this calendar year that we've been a much better team only after going a goal or two behind. Don't know if it's a mentality problem or what but certainly when you look at how much more dangerous we were in the 2nd half, it begs the question of why we couldn't play like that after the rags scored their first ...

Agreed. If we play like that all the time from now on we will win the league.

Hopefully it's a wake up call like the Arsenal game last season. I'll take yesterdays defeat every time if we learn from it and win the league by playing in the manner we did second half. We might have just been woken up.

jay_mcfc said:
Agreed. If we play like that all the time from now on we will win the league.

Hopefully it's a wake up call like the Arsenal game last season. I'll take yesterdays defeat every time if we learn from it and win the league by playing in the manner we did second half. We might have just been woken up.

i really hope so! I actually want us to win the league more this year than last year after seeing those rag bastards celebrating, especially phil fucking jones putting his finger on his lips to shush us after the game! what a fucking twat he really is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.