You choose

purplenose

Following the tragic events of last night, that resulted in humanity being cruelly denied an all Merseyside Cup final it got me thinking, and a couple of questions came to mind.

Had the Semi final line up been City v Everton and rags v Stoke would you have wanted the rags to win and thus a all Manchester cup final.

Would Sky and Talkbollocks etc have been as fervent in thier wish for a City v rags final as they clearly were for a victim fest?

I put on my cyber NBC suite and paid a brief visit to RAWK to see their take on it, and it seems that actually most are pleased its City. Varying reasons but in the main it seems they feared getting beat by Everton and would therefore never heard the end of it. If they lose to City it seems they feel there would be no shame in doing so.

The fact is the all scouse final that apparently the whole of humanity craved was not as universally wanted in Merseyside as suggested.

Personally I am more than happy for the rags to get dumped out of any competition at the earliest possible stage.

True were we to meet them in a cup final currently there would be a decent chance of not only beating them but thoroughly humping the twats which of course would be fantastic, but I for one would have been whole heartedly supporting Stoke in the other semi had it been them and not Liverpool.

In all honesty I cannot imagine wanting them to get to a final or infact winning a football match under any circumstances or against any opposition.

I don't like playing them at all no matter how good we are and how shit they are. It's bad enough we have to play them twice in the league. Plus, I'd like United to lose every game they play unless their winning benefited us.

I was very pleased that Sunderland beat them in the semi two seasons ago and I'd be very pleased if a similar thing had happened this year too. Unfortunately for them, they were too shit to get to the semis this year.

Haha, great post and interesting insight into the general consensus of Evertonians.

While a small, romantic part of me undeniably would love for City and United to battle in the finals of all competitions in a classic 'Good versus Evil throughout the ages...' I fuckin hate the bastards, and I would love to watch them playing on Hough End against Fallowfield Man Dem.

Also, Stoke are quite firmly close to my heart, with all the emotional connections weve established with them over the years:

-Stoke at home was said to be a big turning point for us in Division 2
-Tony Pulis managed Gilligham in that playoff final. And then met us again with Stoke in 2011 FA Cup final
-Mark Hughes used to manage us

Okay, I say 'all the emotional connections...' there's only a few, but still - I wish it was them and not Liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.